Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I told everyone earliar, I had a deposit on a SSr that the dealer was getting in, already ordered by him. They wanted $5000 over for the vehicle. Thanks to everyone here on this forum I went to GMbuypower and found a dealer who will sell me a 2003 SSR for MSRP. The other dealer went nuts on the phone with me when I told him I was passing on his offer. I had $5000 down on this vehicle but signed no papers. The dealer said he would not return my deposit and he was so rude. I gave him a opportunity to sell it to me for MSRP but he reclined the offer. I might have to wait until December for the vehicle but it is winter in PA anyway. What do you think? I asked him if he had the chance to save $5000 wouldn`t he do the same thing?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Score 1 for the enthusiast

Glad to see people refusing to pay the $5k-25k mark ups! :)

Did you get your deposit back without too much hassle?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm sorry to be harsh but if you put down $5000 without any papers you are either too rich and can afford to loose the $5k or ....

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Saw one on lot

I just saw an SSR sitting on a dealers lot. Sooooo I dropped in and took a look at it. It was sitting outside, top down with no one around it. My 10 yr old kid opened the door and hopped in. I was looking for the salesman to run out and tell him to get out, but that didn't happen. No one came out. I had to go in.

I had talked to a salesman at this dealer quite a few times. They always said they were selling to the highest bidder. So I asked, "What did it sell for?". The sales guy said it hasn't been sold yet. I was baffled. I knew this SSR was delivered more than a week ago I couldn't believe that it was still sitting there. He said that they were selling it for $13k over MSRP and asked me if I was interested. I was so thrilled that I could say 'No, I got it for less. A lot less.' (Now I can't wait till I actually get it).

Every one else seemed to be saying that it was bigger than they thought it was going to be. It was the same size I thought it was going to be, except I thought the bed was a little smaller. My son really liked it, that's all the counts right? :lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts