Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this today. Why just now, I don't know. If you look at the attached pictures you will see a gap at the edge of the door. It is the same on both sides. While I have had the door panels off, I have never done anything with the rubber seals/trim. At first, I thought the outer rubber seal was moved down, but if you look at the picture, the other end looks right. My concern is water getting into the door and the latch. So... I was wondering if this is normal with everybody else or am I missing something or has somebody addressed this issue?

Attachments

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,436 Posts
I just noticed this today. Why just now, I don't know. If you look at the attached pictures you will see a gap at the edge of the door. It is the same on both sides. While I have had the door panels off, I have never done anything with the rubber seals/trim. At first, I thought the outer rubber seal was moved down, but if you look at the picture, the other end looks right. My concern is water getting into the door and the latch. So... I was wondering if this is normal with everybody else or am I missing something or has somebody addressed this issue?
Just went out and checked mine and they do not fit like yours ? It almost looks in the picture like they are to short !!!!!

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,782 Posts
I too have a gap although I don't think it's as large a gap as yours. My first thought was maybe it was shrinkage over the years, but the other end of the seal is flush with the edge of the door. so who knows.

Dave

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
I too have a gap although I don't think it's as large a gap as yours. My first thought was maybe it was shrinkage over the years, but the other end of the seal is flush with the edge of the door. so who knows.

Dave
Tough luck there @Dr Who...
...You definitely have some "shrinkage"!!

Only one thing worse than that...a large gap to go with it!! :pokey: :glol

Yes, I know @DOOPHUS ... going to my room now!! :frown2:

Randy Contact @BSTPAPA and or @eric-mpd they MAY have replacements for you!?!?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,933 Posts
Mine cover completely - end to end

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I looked at mine at lunch time and the 04 was a smaller gap then the 05 but both were smaller then your is. I am thinking it has shrunk from age or weather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts