Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought our SSR two weeks ago. It's 40 degrees here in Iowa and it was just begging me to go for a drive. Took the better half out to lunch. Only about 75 miles but well worth it ! Man what a sweet ride. Can't till spring. :cool

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
I would take my SSR out in the winter time too ... if we only had dry roads with NO snow or salt on them. :smash

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Timbrr said:
Just bought our SSR two weeks ago. It's 40 degrees here in Iowa and it was just begging me to go for a drive. Took the better half out to lunch. Only about 75 miles but well worth it ! Man what a sweet ride. Can't till spring. :cool

I don't blame you a bit, I'd take it out for a spin also:thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Timbrr said:
Was sunny most of the day here in Chicago and the roads were very dry so I did a few miles. I was tempted to let the top down since I have the screen on but thought better of it. I have about 450 miles on my 06 now.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Top down weather almost always . . . . .

Timbrr said:
I grew up in Northern Iowa, lived in Cedar Falls while I went to college there, SCI (known as State College of Iowa then), BUT got smart in the 60s and moved my sorry butt to Sunny Southern California where I drive with the top down every day except when its raining. :rolleyes:

Gary (WearyEagle)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cedar Falls is were we live now. SCI is now The University of Northern Iowa. Only three months until Spring. Send some of that sunshine to us. Today was the first time in 15 days we have seen the sun :cool

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Oh My!

Timbrr said:
Cedar Falls is were we live now. SCI is now The University of Northern Iowa. Only three months until Spring. Send some of that sunshine to us. Today was the first time in 15 days we have seen the sun :cool
... and I thought we were suffering a lot here in WNY area. Where we had around 12 days without sunshine... :smash

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I can't believe it , January 8 , upper 60s and sunshine, I going on a cruise:thumbs

·
Registered
434 Posts
The Sun never shines here in the Pacific NW. And if it ever did come out we wouldn't know what it was and we would stay inside.

That is why our annual road trips are around 4000 miles, to find the Sun and dry out.

:cool
Skip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts