Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really but I did today. A 5.0 mustang (not a cobra) late to mid 90s kicked my ass. Then a little souped-up dodge did the same. I wish GM had put a Supercharge on this beast. Please don't bother me with your response that this is a cruiser and not a racer. Not really interested. :mad :reddevil I know you feel the same way just don't want to admit it. No testosterone happy guy who likes the look of a muscle car (as in SSR) would be happy with the mediocre performance. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Rich where is my damn turbo????????????????

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Hey Red,

Hate is a little strong don't you think? Dissappointed in the performance? OK, I will agree with you on that, but to have a truly UNIQUE vehicle is still a rush for me.

Do I wish it was faster? Maybe. But, let me tell you, the Diablo Predator really woke up the tiger in mine.

With two lists (Pros & Cons), the Pros rally outweigh the Cons.

At 4,700 lbs, I can see why some of these cars will leave us in their dust, but if they can "soup up" that Dodge, we can "soup up" our SSR's.

Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Buffy said:
Hey Red,

Hate is a little strong don't you think? Dissappointed in the performance? OK, I will agree with you on that, but to have a truly UNIQUE vehicle is still a rush for me.

Do I wish it was faster? Maybe. But, let me tell you, the Diablo Predator really woke up the tiger in mine.

With two lists (Pros & Cons), the Pros rally outweigh the Cons.

At 4,700 lbs, I can see why some of these cars will leave us in their dust, but if they can "soup up" that Dodge, we can "soup up" our SSR's.

Happy Motoring!
:agree :agree :agree :agree

·
Registered
740 Posts
That souped up Dodge might have had 500 hp. I was just reading in Road and Track about a Japanese hatchback with 400 hp.

In this day and age, with the horsepower even stock models have, you're just not going to be able to buy something that'll outrace anything.

I found this out when I first started investigating the SSR. I mistakenly thought that the 390 hp Corvette engine and the 5.5 0-60 speed made it hot sh*t. Well, it turns out Ford makes a pickup with even more horsepower and speed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't Do It

Don't race what you know you can't beat. Do the numbers first. A 5.3 L SSR with weight will not beat a 5.o L with no weight or even a 4.6 L. Sorry

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
TicketBait said:
If you want to race or be competitive you gotta get an 2005 SSR and then you'll have no problem. 0 to 60 in 5.3 with the manual :)
To keep it real the Mustang will still smoke the 05...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Bad Asphalt LOL said:
I waited untill my low fuel indicator came on, then put a gallon of HI octane in. I smoked the Pony

I could put a gallon of moonshine in mine and still it is not going to smoke a pony, Won't even smoke my big Caddy

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Double-L said:
Bad Asphalt LOL said:
I waited untill my low fuel indicator came on, then put a gallon of HI octane in. I smoked the Pony

I could put a gallon of moonshine in mine and still it is not going to smoke a pony, Won't even smoke my big Caddy
With the 'shine, it may just go up in smoke :lol ;)

·
Registered
904 Posts
LOL no but I might look at the 06's and 07's if they are still in the market, My 04 is what the old racers say all show and no go, I have my need for speed in another ride but the guy is right about one thing the type of people that buy the SSR can never get to much horse power

·
Registered
904 Posts
houtex-If it goes too fast -

Can a woman be to sexy

Can a bottle of porte wine be to old

Can, Boy after I get past the SSR. Sexy women and good wine, I just can't think of anything else

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,595 Posts
redssrloaded strikes again!

houtex said:
If it goes too fast - can't nobody enjoy the view. I get a lot of thumbs up from 'stangs
I agree 100%! :lol
redssrloaded said:
... Please don't bother me with your response that this is a cruiser and not a racer. Not really interested. :mad :reddevil I know you feel the same way just don't want to admit it. No testosterone happy guy who likes the look of a muscle car (as in SSR) would be happy with the mediocre performance. :banghead :banghead :banghead
Rich where is my damn turbo????????????????
Hey Loaded,

Please... stop with your over abundence of testosterone ok? :rolleyes:

I know you don't want to be bored and not really interested in hearing this but.... before I even ordered my 04 I had already known back in early March that GM was coming out with a 6.0 L 390 HP SSR. That didn't stop me from wanting to enjoy the fun then and it doesn't now!!!

Would I have liked a 390 HP? duhhhh of course I would... but that wasn't the main driving force for me to own an SSR... yes Loaded, it was to be a "fun cruiser" for me. I have had my fair share of fast Vettes, ie. 454 - 4 speed... so if I had wanted something more for pure speed... I would have certainly bought another Vette ... a Z06!

PS. Hmmmm why not wait a little while longer and go out and buy the new 7.0 L 500 HP + Z06 engine coming out soon and then put a super charger on it and stick it in your SSR! I bet then you would have the fastest car on the block! :lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.