Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather is great here for having the top down in Southern California, sunny, mid 70's to low 80's. Now if I only had a top to put down it would be perfect. My SSR was delivered to the dealer several weeks ago with a pin hole leak in the roof hydraulics. The vehicle is too new for them to have the parts in stock so they sent off to the plant for a replacement. The plant sent the wrong part. Called for another replacement. Again, they sent the wrong part. In frustration my dealer said just yank the whole top off the assembly line and we'll take the part we need off of it. They sent the top but it didn't get far enough down the line to have the needed hydraulic line installed. Mind you now, weeks of perfect weather has been slipping by and I'm finding it hard to sleep in anticipation of driving my new SSR. My dealer's parts manager calls the parts manager at the plant directly and tells him exactly what it is that is needed. He says he's allllll over it and will get it out the same day. Arrival date comes and goes. No part. Next day, no part. Now the plant will not even return the parts manager's or even the dealership owner's phone calls!

Doing their best to satisfy an unhappy client, my dealer is getting another SSR in next week that is not the color I want so they will scavenge the part from that one and put it on mine.

I hope none of you need any SSR only parts anytime soon!:banghead

D

·
0 Posts
That's sad.:(

The first time I sat in my SSR was in the showroom and while checking everything out I decided to pull the ash tray out. Well it broke and pieces flew everywhere. The new one is in but I haven't been to the dealer to get it yet. Since I don't smoke I don't miss it. Everything else is perfect.:)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I have been very fortunate with parts that have been needed, however, it has taken two to four weeks to get them. Be patient, they will come. This is to be expected from a totally new type of design, or at least, I expected it. Actually, I expected a whole lot more stuff to go wrong on this first run of SSR's. It took about a month to get a new hood prop. Another dealer has ordered me a new drivers side window and a tail light assembly that has malfunctioned so we shall see how long that takes to get. Overall, I am not too surprised at this, but I am surprised that the factory guys did not get your part to you after promising it.

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Built at the Lansing Craft Center - central
Michigan

R

·
0 Posts
I pity with your problem Mr. Southern Calif." but you and I know you will have many nice days ahead, more than most of us. To let you know GM is on the ball most of the time. I live an hour from the Lansing plant and have an appt. Mon. am to have a wind noise leak fixed AT THE PLANT! An employee stopped to talk to me since he worked at the plant and I mentioned the wind noise I have had since day 1 (Nov. 20th). I did't want the dealer to mess with this and lucky me, I met the right guy who spread the word and I received a phone call with an appt. for next Monday! CooooooooooooL !!! P.S. I toured this plant last July and saw all the ones on the line which were later crushed due to qualty problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts