Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now... that the snow and ice and road salt are all over. I had her out yesterday nice n warm n dry out what a pleasure to drive. Now today its all wet and NASTY out again and once again she sits. :mad

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
That is the way it has been here(Ky) Got it out yesterday and what a joy,even with the top up,its suppose to rain tonight so maybe I'll get it out this afternoon:thumbs

·
Registered
112 Posts
Here in Houston we were near record high yesterday, at about 80 degrees. Absolutely beautiful weather. I hear people complain that it is too hot in Houston and you only have one day per year that you can use a convertible. Not true. Top down most everyday.

·
Registered
180 Posts
4 Weeks and Counting

Mines been away for 4 weeks already, major depression.
Boats hauled out
Bikes in garage
Wax and this site keeps my sanity:banghead
Scott Doran #201

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
Scott Doran said:
Mines been away for 4 weeks already, major depression.
Boats hauled out
Bikes in garage Wax and this site keeps my sanity
Scott Doran #201
Hey Scott,
I was thinking you probably get less snow then we do right? :banghead

However, I certainly understand what you are going through. All I can do now is look at her undercover and talk to all our friends on our great site and wish that we were driving aournd with our southern friends that have such great all year driving weather.

Hey don't worry... spring is just around the looong corner. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Colorodo said:
Dont they make snow tires for the SSR?:jester What happened to drive them like its snowin?
Oh..:willy:... Noooo my baby is to pristine to go out in that icky stuff..:)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
NO SNOW for ME!

Colorodo said:
Dont they make snow tires for the SSR?:jester What happened to drive them like its snowin?
There are many die hard northern drivers :ssr ... ah but I am not one of them. Here is what happens when I see snow...

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
QnHouston said:
Here in Houston we were near record high yesterday, at about 80 degrees. Absolutely beautiful weather. I hear people complain that it is too hot in Houston and you only have one day per year that you can use a convertible. Not true. Top down most everyday.
Wayne - did you hear there's a cold front coming through?? 75 today for a high.

BTW - you coming on the Bolivar run?

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
Come back up North Please!!!!

houtex said:
Wayne - did you hear there's a cold front coming through?? 75 today for a high.
John NOW behave yourself or we will require that you come up North again for another visit. CHICKEN???? :lol

This time you can see the Falls with snow on the ground.
:jester

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I drove mine through Custer State Park on Monday with the top down. Temps were in the high 50's. The bison were out as well as turkeys, deer, and prairie dogs.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
80's here but no chance to drive since I have the two youngest home from school. Can't leave them home alone, then I wouldn't have a home to park my SSR :lol:lol

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Marc NY said:
John NOW behave yourself or we will require that you come up North again for another visit. CHICKEN???? :lol

This time you can see the Falls with snow on the ground.
I saw some ice last night - it was in my Scotch :glol :glol

·
Registered
590 Posts
North !

Marc NY said:
Will you guys quit calling that "NORTH" !:eek

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Last week was my 1 year anniversary, and I was forced to get her out of the warm dry shop and drive through the icky s_ _ _ . I have to take her in to the dealer on every anniversary for rust protection inspection to keep the rust protection warranty up. The trip up there probably caused more damage than it sufferered all year. I need to install a bigger picture window in this dealer’s show room :banghead

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
I Agree

Marc NY said:
There are many die hard northern drivers :ssr ... ah but I am not one of them. Here is what happens when I see snow...

:agree I'm not one of them either! Waiting for the :cool weather. It's nice to know I'll have something to look forward to:ssr

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Ricochet said:
Oh..:willy:... Noooo my baby is to pristine to go out in that icky stuff..:)
It was fortythree yesterday in Chicago with some sun; you know what I did. :banghead :banghead :banghead Now it's all dirty, but the cruise was a blast.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SS My R said:
It was fortythree yesterday in Chicago with some sun; you know what I did. :banghead :banghead :banghead Now it's all dirty, but the cruise was a blast.
I had mine out too but managed to keep it clean for some reason. But once it stops raining I will still take her to a "wand wash" and clean her off anyway.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Dont know what the problem is,.. I dont have my SSR. Its been in the paint shop for touch up since I brought it back from Florida. The painter keeps finding little things to fix. I say good deal to that. I want it to look pristine and fantastic when I get it back. Eventually I will with plenty of time left to drive it around and enjoy it.

Hang in there. Your time will come..:seeya

1 - 20 of 37 Posts