Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Finally got the deal i was looking for on
a trade in of my Z06, but it was in Celina,TX.

Preston Rd. Chevrolet, they were super. (MSRP)

Everything handled on the net and by phone.:cheers

John

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TarHeel said:
Hi all,

Finally got the deal i was looking for on
a trade in of my Z06, but it was in Celina,TX.

John
John,

I love my SSR but I don't think I could trade in my Z06 for one. Congratulations on the purchase. The SSR is a lot of fun and gets a lot of looks so you should enjoy driving it. Mine is my daily driver so I look forward to the trip to and from work every day.

:cheers

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will love it! I am enjoying the heck out of mine. Dealer has it right now for what they asy is a one day job. Dropped it off tonight and hope to pick it back up tomorrow. Am having the front bowtie replaced (not a good one when I bought it...they are doing it for free) and having some scratches taken out thatthey put in when they detailed it on the day I bought it. I miss my baby already!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wanted to keep the Z but with a bad back it
was getting hard to get in and out.
She`s not hear yet, on her way from TX to
NC.

Got a fully loaded red line red.

Spring`s around the corner, can`t wait.

Later,
John

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with 'dragon'...and consider myself fortunate I was able to add the SSR to the stable without losing the Corvette hobby, in and of itself another whole world, similar yet different.

Congratulations on the SSR, it IS Chevy's "other" 2-seat sports "car"!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not all of us can afford to keep all our toys.
My 4th Vette, time for a change.

Later,
John

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello John - Finally another Tarheel in the group! I'm driving #567 Slingshot Yellow and live in Greensboro. Seems like there was someone from the Raleigh area but never really heard much from them. Started to Myrtle Beach this morning but the person with me was not feeling well when we left and I decided to head back to GSO and try again in the morning.
At the Ellerbe Rest Area (just out of Seagrove) on Hwy220 I stopped to get a drink on the way back and there were 5/10 street rods in the rest area. Never guess where everyone migrated to! Had to demo the top, etc.
So fair warning - be prepared to have alot of Good distractions every time you take it somewhere!
Regards - John

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: I`m now an SSR owner!!

Dragon said:
John,

I love my SSR but I don't think I could trade in my Z06 for one. Congratulations on the purchase. The SSR is a lot of fun and gets a lot of looks so you should enjoy driving it. Mine is my daily driver so I look forward to the trip to and from work every day.

:cheers
Well, i was just sitting here thinking
and at least the SSR has C5 outside
mirrors. My Z will still be with be in
some way!

Later,
John:cool

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The rear license plate holder and the backup lamps should also be recognizable.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
freezer said:
The rear license plate holder and the backup lamps should also be recognizable.
You know , i thought they looked familiar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts