Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SORRY GUYS AND GALS about messing up The "JUST VIN#". I need help deleting my messages without messing this thing up.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
It is no problem to delete your own post. Go to the post that you did and on the bottom right corner of the post you will see edit. Click the edit button and then it will bring up another screen. At the top of that screen it will have an option to delet the post.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

ha ha you should see all the mistakes I make. You just jump in and be one of us. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
You will always see last edited under most of my posts, mostly due to spelling errors and such. It is perfectly fine to make mistakes. I have been on the message boards for over 6 years and still mess it up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:banghead Sorry I Didn't see your postings sooner but I'm still looking for that Darn (That's Not The Real Word I wanted To Use) DELETE BUTTON. I don't think this thing would have bothered me so much if I wouldn't have been on such an important Discussion. Again thanks for all the KIND Words.

Utah

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
look at the bottom right hand corner of the words that you typed in the post and you will see Edit and Quote. Just left click the mouse on the edit button and it will open a new window. At the top of that window it will give you an option to delete the post just check the box to delete it and then push the delete button and it will be gone.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
REBEL said:
ha ha you should see all the mistakes I make. You just jump in and be one of us. ;)
I think anyone that reads my post's. Can see I am from the Old School. I didn't want to learn in school. Two rooms 8 grades with an outhouse. But I think I am learning how to spell and type by posting. So be it. Merry Christmas.
:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Utah's SSR said:
SORRY GUYS AND GALS about messing up The "JUST VIN#". I need help deleting my messages without messing this thing up.
Not to worry... your replies have been edited/ fixed for you. :seeya

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Hell … I’m a licensed millwright and have carried a 134 IQ. I’m strong in mechanical stuff and can calculate the horse power loss in a hydraulic system due to non laminate flow of tube size and bends through heat generation. But I’m the worlds worst speller and which dam “their / there” to use. My spelling has improved with posting so it’s good for me.
There are book smart people, able to keep facts in their head and then there is the ability to think. I have seen some very good thinkers that have not finished school. For me it’s people’s effort that counts. I would rather work with someone with more effort, than a brain who looks for how to get out of work.

see I just used the wrong threw/through and came back to change it. :leaving

·
Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Rebel,

You remind me of my wife's uncle. He never finished school - a drop out at grade 9. But he saw a marketplace, worked to fill it, and became a multi millionaire.

His stock answer on how to be successful - Buy something for 1 dollar, sell it for 2, and you can do quite well on the 1% markup. :lol

Ray

·
Registered
254 Posts
Get "spellcheck", it will keep you honest.

It has helped me with words I am undecided about the spelling. Now, if there is a grammar correction program out there........... :lol

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
REBEL said:
I would rather work with someone with more effort, than a brain who looks for how to get out of work.
hmm......guess you you might not like working with me, BUT in my defense....I often find an easier way to do something (if there is one). :jester

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Work smart not hard … I‘ll go for that for sure, that’s always better . But some of my fellow workers like to hide completely. :mad

·
Registered
487 Posts
REBEL said:
I’m the worlds worst speller and which dam “their / there” to use. My spelling has improved with posting so it’s good for me.
Rebel,
Out here in CA, we have a "Syndrome" for everything...

What you are suffering from is called:

Typoglycemia:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts