Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions:

1. I do not have the side saddles or the wood strips in the back of my bed. I also do not have any tie downs. Was the truck supposed to come with some? I see them in the owners manual, but I can not find any on the truck. None in the bed, none in the glove box, and none in the console storage box. I am going to visit my granson this coming week and I am taking him a new Schwinn Sting Ray. I would love to take off the tonneau cover and stand the bike up and strap it down like it was a real chopper. These new Sting Rays look cool as hell. They look totally different than the Sting Ray I had as a kid. I will attach a couple of pictures. Supposedly Orange County Choppers helped design them.

2. When looking for the tie downs, I found a small plastic bag with 3 keys in the center console storage. I know about the two keys to lock the center storage, but these keys are different. Two of the keys have red knobs on them. The third is the same key but not with a red knob. Does anyone know what these keys are for? I have no clue.
Thanks

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The saddle bags and wood strips are an option. Check you sticker to see if you were charged form them. The keys with the red knobs are for the trailer hitch. You have to have a key in it to insert and remove the hidden hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
the keys with knobs are for the trailor hitch

·
Registered
54 Posts
keys

Me, again.. My SSR came with a factory installed trailer hitch. The red key is used to lock the hitch post into the post hole. Once the hitch is installed, you remove the key. But, you already know this by now.. I wanted the hitch so I could tow my Baby Grand stock car. Works good as long as you keep most of the weight on the tongue.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks....BUT......

Thanks for all the info guys, I appreciate it. But...did anyone's SSR come with the cargo tiedowns for the bed? I see a picture of them in the owners manual on page 2-35. My truck did not come with any. What about you guys?Do we have to buy them seperately? My owners manual says "There may be are (sp) four cargo tie downs in the rear cargo area." Any comments? I think I am having to go to the dealer on Monday and ask where my tie downs are.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Tie Downs

Those 4 tie downs come with the Cargo netting packages, actually there are 6 including the two that attach to the tail gate. :flag

·
Registered
180 Posts
Options

Dragon said:
I got all the options except chrome wheels and there were no tie downs.
Either you got taken or you did not order the Cargo netting package which includes the upper bar, net(useless), 6 hold downs and misc parts. :flag

·
Registered
168 Posts
Standard???

mnkybrs,

The net package was not on my option list or the sticker, but when I got home I found a net and six tie-downs in the bed, along with the license plate bezel and six screws (why? you can only use 4). From what I'm reading here, maybe I was not supposed to get the net and tie-downs. I do not have the bar.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Net package

You got lucky, but the net is useless in it's present form. The kit for the plate bezel is perhaps for the front which would require four screws to mount the bracket plus two for the plate. :flag

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nomadkenn said:
Either you got taken or you did not order the Cargo netting package which includes the upper bar, net(useless), 6 hold downs and misc parts. :flag
I got 6 plastic loops that screw in to put tie downs, the bar and the cargo net but no tie downs. A tie down to me is a strap that is adjustable and I don't think anyone got those.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sad that the dealers don't seem to be able to keep track of the dealer installed options. :nodno
It's my understanding that each box is labeled with the VIN of the relevant vehicle.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, Cargo Net option or not, I think we all should have gotten some of those loop cargo tie down thingies with our trucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts