Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Should I sell my for 2004 Mag. Red Corvette for a 2004 or 2005 Smokin Asfault SSR

Vote either yes or no (Please Reply) :yesnod

I am fighting to see what I will do :boxing

D

·
0 Posts
I traded my lowly 2004 Impala for an 05 Slingshot Yellow - I'd take the Impala back in a second. Keep the 'vette.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
jc/ssr said:
Should I sell my for 2004 Mag. Red Corvette for a 2004 or 2005 Smokin Ass fault SSR

I haven't owned a vette since 1979 and had a '79 trans am as well, the trans was a better car back then. Not tempted by the new vette but do want the SSR so I would vote YES :) ...I would think you might want to know why some have said NO!

D

·
0 Posts
artsmart said:
In just 4 months of ownership I had made more trips to the service department than I think I had for all of the cars I've owned. Window seals rolling/pinching/leaking, door locks freezing, drivers compartment flooded with rainwater, cargo compartment leaks. Many (most) of these problems required multiple trips for correction. Cargo compartment leaks never resolved. (Cannot use for anything that I don't want wet. Eventual corrosion problems. Starting to smell like a musty basement.) Existing problems but not presented to dealership because it appears that a TRUE solution has not been discovered yet: driveshaft "tink", Fan motor chirping, cargo cover will not pop-up at lower temperatures. Lack of a spare or run flats. This was known at the time of purchase, but was given the impression that I could buy one after the sale that would work.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Trade?

If you want to get lots of looks and crave the attention, buy the SSR. If you don't care about that, but do care about a trouble-free ride that will hold its value much better, keep the vette. If you were choosing to buy one or the other, it might be a hard decision. But since you already have the vette, KEEP IT. :)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,610 Posts
A Strange trade indeed...

dan66 said:
I traded my lowly 2004 Impala for an 05 Slingshot Yellow - I'd take the Impala back in a second. Keep the 'vette.
Trading an Impala for an SSR is kinda of a different trade (family car to a two seater sports truck) ... especially since you want your Impala back?? It makes me wonder why you would have done something like that in the first place? :skep

A

·
0 Posts
Yes do the trade, I traded my 03 Vett for a 04 SSR and am glad of it, the SSR is way way cooler....... my two cents worth...

·
Premium Member
6,376 Posts
SSR or Vet

You have to think of the SSR as an experimental type hot rod that only a few of us will ever experience in our lives!

Scott 0168 :yesnod

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ive had several vettes like my ssr better

D

·
0 Posts
Marc NY said:
Trading an Impala for an SSR is kinda of a different trade (family car to a two seater sports truck) ... especially since you want your Impala back?? It makes me wonder why you would have done something like that in the first place? :skep
Marc
The Impala (at $30K) was a reliable, trouble free vehicle. I figured 3 years down the road and at $50K the SSR would be too. Even before I began driving, I always wanted a 'vette and now that I am able to afford one, I figured I'd get the same bang for the buck with the SSR (which I reasoned would be even more unique and at the same time more practical/comfortable as a daily driver). With all of the headaches I have had with the SSR, it sure makes me appreciate the trouble free reliablity I enjoyed with the Impala. I picked it up from the dealership and it NEVER rolled into the service department. So, yes - If I had it to do over, I'd take back the Impala in a "heartbeat" and smile happily with all of that excess coin back in my pocket.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Keep the vett + get the SSR! I'm on the waiting list for Z06, can't wait. Tried to get Ca plate 427 Zo6 and all other combos, allready gone! I thought I would be slick and get the plates early, no dice.
Ted :seeya

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Vote

jc/ssr said:
Should I sell my for 2004 Mag. Red Corvette for a 2004 or 2005 Smokin A** fault SSR

I would say yes. I picked up my new 04 in upstate N.Y. on Mar. 07 Drove to OH. stayed a week, then to FL.stayed a week. Then drove home to VT.over 3600 miles. I love this truck. :cool

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
jc/ssr said:
Should I sell my for 2004 Mag. Red Corvette for a 2004 or 2005 Smokin A** fault SSR

YES

R

·
0 Posts
trade

I had an '02 C5. It was a great car. Had it all tricked out and won 7 shows with it. It is pictured on the KEWL web site and was Speedway White.

I now have an '04 SSR and will never go back. The SSR is more comfortable and versatile. The world is a lot longer than 1/4 mile....enjoy it driving the real classic....the SSR.

rickoshea....as in silver.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts