Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now a proud owner of an 03 SSR in Slingshot Yellow, as of two weeks ago. I love her, and like everyone else in this forum want her to have the BEST. I found that the previous owner was not as particular about his leather care as I am. (The seats show slight color cracks and the leather is DRY to say the least). I purchased a Leatherique kit to take the leather to a whole new level and I am a little frightened of removing the seats due to the side airbags.:cry

I was hoping someone else has has removed the seats and can explain a way to do it the safest way. I see only two bolts in the rails behind the seats, that are holding them to the cockpit, but I may be wrong. I would appreciate any advice given. Thank you.:)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
removing the seats are easy, raise the drivers seat as high as it will go and then remove the two front mounting bolt covers, remove the three nut and one bolt and the rock the seat to disconnect the harness. the yellow connector is for the side air bag. you will also need to remove the sill trim to remove the seatbelt anchor bolt to pull bellt through the upper loop. the right side is the same.
but before you do this remove the air bag fuse in the under hood fuse panel, it's fuse 14 a red ten amp fuse and just wait one minute before you dissconnect the yellow air bag harness under the seat.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
wingrider said:
but before you do this remove the air bag fuse in the under hood fuse panel, it's fuse 14 a red ten amp fuse and just wait one minute before you dissconnect the yellow air bag harness under the seat.
Lonnie is working on our SSR now, it's an early 2005. Fuse 14 says HDM, and it's a blue 15-amp., Fuse 21 says airbag, and it's a red 10-amp. Did the fuses change for 2005?

·
Premium Member
31,682 Posts
vettegirl said:
Lonnie is working on our SSR now, it's an early 2005. Fuse 14 says HDM, and it's a blue 15-amp., Fuse 21 says airbag, and it's a red 10-amp. Did the fuses change for 2005?
Probably did as they started using the new bus system in the '05s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts