Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted this vehicle when they originally announced it was going into production. Unfortunately, with two young kids, it didn't quite fit the lifestyle. A little over a decade and a half later, I found myself in need of a new vehicle and during my search, an SSR came up. Once described as "The answer to a question no one asked," it was perfect!

I bought a 2005 Smokin' Black SSR from North Freeway Hyundai with less than 17K on the odometer to become my daily driver. Took delivery two weeks ago, only to have it overheat within the first three miles on the road. Ultimately, it was determined to be a bad cooling fan, which NFW (thankfully) agreed to pay to replace. Then, when I got it back, I noticed that it had the auxiliary gauge package from the 03's and 04's, i.e. it has a GPM gauge and transmission temperature gauge instead of a torque meter and outside temp gauge. All three aux gauges respond at start up, then the GPM and transmission temp gauge drop to zero.

Today, I was driving in the rain and discovered the top is leaking at the window on both the driver and passenger side of the truck. It leaks right where the two sections of the top come together, soaking the carpet in both locations.

I have seen a number of possible solutions for the leaking problem on the forums, so hope someone will be at Maggie Valley that can help. With regard to the aux gauges, I saw an article indicating that some of the early 05 models were built with the 03/04 gauges and tge GPM and transmission temp gauges were simply inoperable. Interested in knowing if anyone is familiar with this issue.

Look forward to being part of the group and meeting members in person. Just hope I can address the minor annoyances and Enjoy the Ride rain or shine.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,461 Posts
Welcome to the family from one of the SoCal Nuts,
I think you will get some answers to your questions soon. I know they are out there just waiting to be shared.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts