Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I was thinking today while looking at the front grill of my beautiful redline -how cool would it be to have the bowtie as a light that works with the parking lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it sure would stand out!!!!!! does anyone know if this is something that could be manufactured for us???????????the gold/amber color of a bowtie parking light in the center of the grill would really distinguish an already classy roadster!!!!!!!! how sexy would that be at night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! send me your thoughts!!!! MIKES MID-LIFE---------------AFTERTHOUGHT: FOR THAT MATTER THE BOWTIE ON THE REAR COULD ALSO BE DONE IN RED-AS A TAIL LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
mikes mid-life said:
Hey guys I was thinking today while looking at the front grill of my beautiful redline -how cool would it be to have the bowtie as a light that works with the parking lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it sure would stand out!!!!!! does anyone know if this is something that could be manufactured for us???????????the gold/amber color of a bowtie parking light in the center of the grill would really distinguish an already classy roadster!!!!!!!! how sexy would that be at night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! send me your thoughts!!!! MIKES MID-LIFE
It's a great idea. It could be outlined with some form of wire light or the bowtie could be made like any other amber or red light on a vehicle and made to light up. Transparent amber or red bowtie with LED light behind it. Could be done as a project by someone or some company. It could come on with the park lights or daytime running lights.

Darn now I have to find a way to get this made.​

·
Registered
78 Posts
You may want to..

look at EL wire. It glows like neon and it formable to any type of object and it is low voltage like leds.

Wally

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Bowtie light

If anyone tries to use the BOWTIE FOR PROFFIT , Mother G.M. Attorneys will be calling.We had trouble just useing Our Own SSR Pictures for OUR SSR CALENDAR:smash :smash

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
wallygator said:
look at EL wire. It glows like neon and it formable to any type of object and it is low voltage like leds.

Wally
I've looked at it for my moded out computer that has eight 120mm fans and 36 blue led screws.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Once we have a way or method to do or make this possible, everyone can be shown how to do there own. So don't sue us yet General. Is it against the law to do mods to your own vehicle or to tell someone else how a certain modification is done. Not!

So lets get busy guys and figure out how we could all make this great idea a viable plan.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Furykay said:
If anyone tries to use the BOWTIE FOR PROFFIT , Mother G.M. Attorneys will be calling.We had trouble just useing Our Own SSR Pictures for OUR SSR CALENDAR:smash :smash
Somehow I suspect that this was more because of the use of GM trademarks and not the photos themselves.

·
Premium Member
31,421 Posts
Been done on the bigger trucks

There was a guy on Ebay selling electroluminescent grill bowties for the full size late model trucks some time ago. He has different colors too. I almost did it, but kept putting it off. Totally forgot about it until I read this thread.

Here's the guy's link. Perhaps the vendor he's getting them from would be willing to make them to fit the SSR.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8026432612&category=33643

·
Registered
374 Posts
Check with your DMV first

For example, in Alabama, it is illegal to have any light on the front of a vehicle (other than an official emergency or police) other than white or amber. The rear, only white, amber and red is allowed.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Donnysan said:
For example, in Alabama, it is illegal to have any light on the front of a vehicle (other than an official emergency or police) other than white or amber. The rear, only white, amber and red is allowed.
I would want amber to match the running lights.​

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
ssr71 said:
There was a guy on Ebay selling electroluminescent grill bowties for the full size late model trucks some time ago. He has different colors too. I almost did it, but kept putting it off. Totally forgot about it until I read this thread.

Here's the guy's link. Perhaps the vendor he's getting them from would be willing to make them to fit the SSR.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8026432612&category=33643
SSR71 I knew I had seen a lit Bowtie before on the internet. Your the man. Thanks.

:smash :smash :smash​

1 - 11 of 11 Posts