Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,
I was hoping you might help me identify this rubber bumper and where it goes. I found two of them on the floor of the roof compartment when I was working on the lower roof cylinders. The bumper is 1" in dis and .375 thick.
Any clues? Thanks.

L. Masek
[email protected]
Wood Grey Tableware Serveware Dishware

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,874 Posts
Hey Gang,
I was hoping you might help me identify this rubber bumper and where it goes. I found two of them on the floor of the roof compartment when I was working on the lower roof cylinders. The bumper is 1" in dis and .375 thick.
Any clues? Thanks.

L. Masek
[email protected] View attachment 615821
They go onto the hinge of the flipper panel. Also called the forward top stowage panel. rubber bumper faces aft and the center tab protrudes straight forward through the hole.

·
Registered
OBNOXIOUS Red 2004
471 Posts
i knew instantly only because at the Oklahoma tech day in May I had my lid worked on and i struggled to get that goofy thing in the hole for 20 minutes....little bugger goes in tough, but stays well.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
i knew instantly only because at the Oklahoma tech day in May I had my lid worked on and i struggled to get that goofy thing in the hole for 20 minutes....little bugger goes in tough, but stays well.
:rolleyes:
Dipping those grommets in a bowl of soapy water and/or a drop or two of Marvel Mystery Oil would make insertion a whole lot easier.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,874 Posts
:rolleyes:
Dipping those grommets in a bowl of soapy water and/or a drop or two of Marvel Mystery Oil would make insertion a whole lot easier.
I use isopropyl alcohol as a temporary lubricant……. When it dissipates, the rubber has a good grip on the hole.
I have also taken to putting a piece of black vinyl electrical tape on the flat face of the bumper to reduce the possibility of the bumper sticking to the other side of the hinge and pulling out of the hole again.

·
Registered
OBNOXIOUS Red 2004
471 Posts
a song I thot of while putting those in.....You gotta wiggle it....just a little bit! .....haha

got to 0.46

• Haha
Reactions: Warrior=='06

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
6,536 Posts
@larrymasek, glad you got it done. Your Avatar shows you joined in 2011, have you considered updating your Profile?
Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Pinmap Available

Nick & Kathy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts