Chevy SSR Forum banner

Idiot Check on the DIC (and it was me...)

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  JJL 
#1 ·
I haven't noticed mention of this on the board - or maybe I'm the only one who will admit it, but I was enjoying a cruise this past weekend and my SSR "dinged" at me. I looked at the DIC to see what was up, and the message "TURN SIGNAL ON" was in the DIC. Sure enough, I was driving with my turn signal on. :jester

Thanks, Chevy.

#2 ·
Oh man...

I saw that in the owner's manual after we got our truck. My wife wanted to know why I was laughing. I told her the truck has a "Grandpa alert." You know, when Grandpa is driving for miles and miles signaling a turn but continuing to go straight down the road.

We both vowed to not have that one catch us. So far so good.

Diggs

#3 ·
DIC readout

I can very easily see that happening to an SSR owner. There are so many things that can distract the driver. You have to watch out for those cars that can't stay in their lanes because they are looking out the window or rear view mirrors to get a better view of the SSR. (I had someone that nearly rear ended another car... while his head was turned back looking) Or they give you a thumbs up with one hand out the window and one on the steering wheel, weaving all over the road!

I drive with the music cranked up, the sweet sounds of the engine revs, the mean throated roar of the mufflers and the people staring/waving at you! :lol soooooooooooo it is VERY easy to forget that the turn signal is on.
:jester

#5 ·
DIC Readout

I had it happen the other day. I think the problem is that in the day time it's hard to see the turn signal light on the dash is on. :jester

#8 ·
hey don't feel bad I have done the same thing. I have change lanes or did something that I had left the signal on.

But what I don't like if you set at a light long enough, it will ding at you.

#9 ·
jwthomp said:
I haven't noticed mention of this on the board - or maybe I'm the only one who will admit it, but I was enjoying a cruise this past weekend and my SSR "dinged" at me. I looked at the DIC to see what was up, and the message "TURN SIGNAL ON" was in the DIC. Sure enough, I was driving with my turn signal on. :jester

Thanks, Chevy.

Fine, but I am more interested in telling that car ahead of me that the light is blinking, and has been blinking for 10 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.