Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just called Ken Fichtner (Fichtner Chevrolet Laural Mt.) and purchased one for my 2005. The deal was AMAZING they are having some sort of contest and have slashed the warranty prices even more than usual. I purchased Major Guard . 1800 234 5284

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey Ill, I purchased my extended warranty several weeks ago from Fitchner. I called them to see what discount they are offering and it is $50 off of their regularly low price. Dennis wants to win a trip to Mexico for he and his wife. I just got back from Cancun and lived through the whole Wilma thing. He better be careful where he is going.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I take Back every nice thing I said about this Dealer. I just got a TERSE letter from them because I posted this information recommending them and they got 20 phone calls asking for the wrong Fichtner about discounted GM plans. Now Im sorry I got the Warranty from them. Dennis you just lost me as a customer in the future.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Im not sure what happened, :confused I have done business with them before and I thought I would do them a favor and post there name and deal here and I get this rude letter back from Dennis and Im REALLY POd at them now. They have TONS of such postings at Corvette Forum and I am TOTALLY perplexed at there reaction. I will not buy from them now no matter what the "Deal" is.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Update:

I recieved another e mail from Dennis Last night and here is what he said happened. After I posted that they gave me this great deal (I thought I was doing them a favor) People that he sold GM warranties to 6 months to a year ago started calling and asking for refunds or rebates on there plans :willy:.. :lol ..(oops) What they are offering now is a Discount being offered NOW by GM similar to the "red tag sale" being offered on cars to stimulate slow sales of the warranties as well. Why people would think they could get the offer now on something they purchased months ago is beyond me but I guess my thread here started an avalanche of such calls. Then I posted I spoke to Ken but it was really Dennis I spoke to and ordered from, I posted that way because thats the Dealerships name and all the callers were asking for him instead of Dennis for warranty information and I guess Ken or someone got POd about the calls. If you want to buy a NEW warranty they are still going to give you the best price IMO. I will not do business with them again however because my intention was good and his letter and response from them was not IMO and truly hurt my feelings. My intention is not to "Bash" anyone here but to enlighten and inform.

·
Registered
374 Posts
This GMPP marketing is wacko

Ford, for example, has no problem with their dealers posting up on internet sites the prices for discounted Ford extended warrantees. A simple Google search finds the lowest price, you order online, voila. They even finance the plan if you don't want to pay cash or put it on a card.

GM, on the other hand, you gotta call a dealer because they have some kind of agreement to protect local dealers. Feh. Do they want to sell the GM plan, or not?

My selling dealer (pt-twooi) kept trying to push a non-GM aftermarket extended warranty when i was signing the contract.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts