Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Iggie seat covers **Update**

**UPDATE*** See my latest post: http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f99/iggie-seat-covers-218881/index2.html

We have all see these seat covers on fleabay CHEVY SSR 2003-2006 LEATHER-LIKE CUSTOM FIT SEAT COVER | eBay

I wanted two tone seats in my Really Really Red but did not want to go through the hassle of taking seats out, sending them to a shop (if I could find one that would do a good job) and so on. Was not really a money thing just not that important to me. New leather would have cost $800 ish and install would have been at least $300 each seat. One thing I have a problem with is finding a shop that does good work and do not like to gamble. With that said I decided just to put seat covers on the R, save the original leather from any more wear and still have my two tone. Just did the drivers side today as the bottom was a bit tough, hard to work in the limited space of the R and I am not very flexible these days. But I got her on and secure, seat back piece was pretty easy. These are the best pics I can get right now, R still in the garage and top is up. Still have a few wrinkles to get out, need to sit, drive and such. Material is a heavy duty leather like PVC and for the money I am happy.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Very very nice. I have been looking for a complete seat cover for years. Have been using these Partial seat cushions the past 4 years and have been very satisfied with the Price $34 / set, fit and comfort. The price on your set is very good, Looks like you did a better job on your install than the seller.

Thanks for sharing.

P.S. I like the way yours cover the opening in the OEM seat headrest.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have been using these Partial seat cushions the past 4 years and have been very satisfied with the Price $34 / set, fit and comfort. The price on your set is very good, Looks like you did a better job on your install than the seller. .
I bought those partial covers a while back after of your posts showing them. I made the error of ordering 2 as I did not realize they come as a set. I put one set in my 1999 F150 and like PurpleHaze mine also slip all over in the F150 so I never used the other set in the SSR. If anyone wants a new in package set of Red partial covers you can have them cheap. I like these new IGGIE covers so much I will probably order other sets for some of my other rides but only after I install the passenger cover and test them for a little bit.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
9,428 Posts
Cali I think you did a great job. As mentioned your installation seems to have less wrinkles and look smoother than some of the pics on their website. :laugh:

But really, the looks are only part of the story. The protection that they offer for the OE leather is important as well.

Very nice. :smile2:

=================
David :black:

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
RedHotSSR

I like yours. What is the source?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
These look really good. Is that a Velcro seam over the side airbag?
yes, velcro seam all the way on that side. This way seat back cover slips over the seat back, over the seat belt holder. At the bottom there is a hole for the lever. Pulling the two pieces back together to secure velcro was tough as it is a tight fit but that is what you want. Seam also needed for airbag deployment use.

·
Spirited driver!
2006 3SS
2,030 Posts
I was a little concerned when I noticed they offered rear seat covers for the SSR as well??? I think those will be about as useful as the map pocket on these. :grin2:

Seriously though, these do look very nice and I thinking I might get a set. Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here are some pictures of the passenger side pieces I have not installed yet. I have had questions on how they mount so I took these pictures. The bottom piece has 10 elastic loops that, I guess, are supposed to hook on the underside of the seat, the wire part under the foam. I chose, on the driver side as there is not much room with all the wiring under there, to secure the elastic loops to each other, one front to one back, one side to one side, etc. I used zip ties on them so I could grab onto something when I reached under the seat, then with some reaching, bending, etc I was able to secure most of them to together with a zip tie, that way they would be pulling on each other and not just a hook on the wire part of the seat cushion, seems to work well but with the limited space it was a bit of work.
Top piece was a breeze. As you can see just one large piece that pushes thru the underside of the seat back then velcros together, very much the same set up my 2015 Ford Explorer factory seats work. The side comes open completely via velcro so it can slip over the seat belt, they you put it back together, that was the hardest part as it is tight, which is what you want it to be.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
6,672 Posts
Pulling the two pieces back together to secure velcro was tough as it is a tight fit but that is what you want. Seam also needed for airbag deployment use.
HMMM--I have never been around an "Air bag deployment"! If the seam is that tight, will it interfere with the deployment? Did the manufacture address or mention no interference with the air bag?

Nick

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HMMM--I have never been around an "Air bag deployment"! If the seam is that tight, will it interfere with the deployment? Did the manufacture address or mention no interference with the air bag?

Nick

it was tight getting the two pieces together, making the cover tight on the seat and thus making the two velcro pieces easy to separate as there is a strain on them somewhat already. I think it will separate very easily if airbag deploys.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
putting on the passenger side today, a bit harder then the driver side as the drive side seat has more adjustments. I did notice a problem with the seat cover design (I think so anyway). Did not really notice it when I did the driver side but now do. The SSR seat belt receiver is locked to the side of the seat via it being incorporated into the seat side trim material, a carpet like material. The seat bottoms, IMO, should have openings to allow them to slip over the seat belt receivers but they do not, so they are scrunched up around it and not a smooth transition at that point. When the back cover is on and the seat is in it's normal position it is not that noticeable but it does not make that corner of the bottom seam flow well. I have send the seller an inquiry and will see if there is any solution. If that part of the seat belt was not locked to the seat it would be fine but I am not about to alter the SSR seat/fabric to make it work (probably freeing the seat belt reciever would but I see now way to do that without cutting the material which I will not do.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.