Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend bought a 2005 SSR with a Supercharger unit. He recently made some engine and engine compartment upgrades. He was looking to customize the Ignition Coil Covers. He ran across a 2007 SSR Fanatic Post by 2005SSR6Speed that described customized single piece Coil Covers including some installation photos. I have had no luck PMing 2005SSR6speed regarding any information regarding the coil covers. Is there a Fanatic out there that is familiar with the post, knows of 2005SSR6speed or is aware of any custom Ignition Coil Covers that work with a SuperCharger set-up. In advance, I thank anyone that can help with my request.

Jonesey

·
Spirited driver!
1,163 Posts
My friend bought a 2005 SSR with a Supercharger unit. He recently made some engine and engine compartment upgrades. He was looking to customize the Ignition Coil Covers. He ran across a 2007 SSR Fanatic Post by 2005SSR6Speed that described customized single piece Coil Covers including some installation photos. I have had no luck PMing 2005SSR6speed regarding any information regarding the coil covers. Is there a Fanatic out there that is familiar with the post, knows of 2005SSR6speed or is aware of any custom Ignition Coil Covers that work with a SuperCharger set-up. In advance, I thank anyone that can help with my request.

Jonesey
Jonesey, the member 2005SSR6Speed is Joe Delano. He doesn't get on the forum much any more but he is still the man when it comes to superchargers and tuning for SSR's. His website is http://www.leftcoast32.com and his phone number (760) 522-8669.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,702 Posts

Jonesey
Hi Jonesey,

If you are talking about the fiberglass coil covers that are about 14 inches long and 6 inches wide, Joe does not make them any more. His last set went out about 6 years ago. You can drop Joe a note at [email protected] and he will reply. There is always a chance that he might be willing to make a few more sets, but I would not hold my breath. He's up to his ears in the new Camaro platform.....

You can also send him a text to the phone number listed by PokerGuy....

Regards,

Mike

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,029 Posts

Jonesey
Here is the post in question, looks like modified Corvette covers, I remember a few different posts about coil covers over the years, searching more might bring about more ideas - https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f35/new-coil-covers-supercharged-ssr-s-16457/

·
Registered
2005 Supercharged "Flaming Yellow Tweety"
83 Posts
Here is the post in question, looks like modified Corvette covers, I remember a few different posts about coil covers over the years, searching more might bring about more ideas - *NEW* Coil Covers For Supercharged SSR's
Yep, dats da one i have been Jonesing for! The email with @gmail bounced back and the website does not mention coil covers but I shot them a contact message, let's see what he comes up with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts