Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever did an ignition shutoff for security reasons on your r? Hate to have someone take it for an unauthorized joy ride!
Thanks Jeff

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,667 Posts
Anybody ever did an ignition shutoff for security reasons on your r? Hate to have someone take it for an unauthorized joy ride!
Thanks Jeff
TEAM TALL (Tory) has an ignition shut off on his '06. Maybe PM him.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
A .38 or .44 works just as well.

I had a ignition shut off in my Chevy Pickup that was installed at the dealer had a small connector just under dash you removed that would kill the ignition, might want to check there.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
most states do not allow for a remote shut off while the car is in motion, with the ignition "on". That shut off has to wait until it is Shut Off, and will not start again. Safety reasons. that doesn't mean it can't be done.....

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
A .38 or .44 works just as well.

I had a ignition shut off in my Chevy Pickup that was installed at the dealer had a small connector just under dash you removed that would kill the ignition, might want to check there.
:|

Gotta say how I first read this thread. First off, I thought why would you wanna kill the ignition as in (Hill climbing a Harley or Triumph/BSA), killing the ignition is/was a GOOD thing.

Then, I thought maybe they wanna do some electrical work and don't want the ignition to be "on"/ wired to go.

Subsequently, I landed on the idea that you're maybe thinking somebody has a key to your SSR and if they do, you don't want it to start.:wink2:

I'm kinda liking the 38/45/9MM idea if that was the problem being dealt with.>:)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had a Kill Switch installed like on the Pace Car.
You can search this site for other options and configurations.
It makes Service easy when disconnecting the battery is recommended
and Storing it for a period of time.
I had it installed because the Battery Tender got too hot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts