Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm a little confused with the directions on how to replace the ignition switch directions....

The pictures and the directions are a little off, or I'm reading them a little off.

On slide (1) it states to turn key to RUN position; but isn't the picture showed the switch in the OFF position? Which is accurate?

On slide (3) it states to remove the tilt wheel selector. Is there a clip to remove or do you just pull in it (towards the drivers door)?

On slide (16) it states to push until against spring position. Does it mean to push DOWN on the great teeth or to push the gear teeth UP clockwise/counter clockwise?

Any insight on this would be very helpful. Thanks!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Ok, so I'm a little confused with the directions on how to replace the ignition switch directions....

The pictures and the directions are a little off, or I'm reading them a little off.

On slide (1) it states to turn key to RUN position; but isn't the picture showed the switch in the OFF position? Which is accurate?

On slide (3) it states to remove the tilt wheel selector. Is there a clip to remove or do you just pull in it (towards the drivers door)?

On slide (16) it states to push until against spring position. Does it mean to push DOWN on the great teeth or to push the gear teeth UP clockwise/counter clockwise?

Any insight on this would be very helpful. Thanks!

1 - Run is correct
2 - Tilt selector slides off, might be tight and need some prying
3 - Push the gears clockwise I think it is but it is all relative to the way you are holding it. The gear will spring back one tooth when let go. What you are doing is simulating the key starting and then returning to the "run" position. Thus the reason for the key being in the run position as well when taken apart, this keeps things all lined up. So you can turn the gears in the direction of the spring release and know it is in the correct position.

Hope that clears things up for you

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - Run is correct
2 - Tilt selector slides off, might be tight and need some prying
3 - Push the gears clockwise I think it is but it is all relative to the way you are holding it. The gear will spring back one tooth when let go. What you are doing is simulating the key starting and then returning to the "run" position. Thus the reason for the key being in the run position as well when taken apart, this keeps things all lined up. So you can turn the gears in the direction of the spring release and know it is in the correct position.

Hope that clears things up for you
Thanks, that helps.
So when the key is in the run position the dash lights are on and the radio can be turned on, correct?

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Yes, the run position is where the key turns everything on, it is the last position before actually starting the truck and where the key sits after you start and run the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts