Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the opinion of an aftermarket / non AC Delco ignition switch vs.the AC Delco?

I have been looking to buy a new one on line to help with the electrical issues, but see a lot of complaints for the Delco one and none for aftermarket ones. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Well, it seems to me most people are going with the AC/Delco, but being somewhat of an independent and having problems with two of them in less than 10K miles, I went with one from O'rileys. It has a lifetime warranty but was more expensive. I still have the other two, I think they might work sometime, maybe one would get me to a parts store for a free replacement.

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
I keep one in the console ... but it's an A C Delco (gray & black). So it's either :smile2: or :frown2: if I have to use it.

Quote of the Day from a White House Protestor carrying a sign saying "STOP Killing Aligators to MAKE Gatoraid" !!! ("gators" is spelled with "2 l's" and aid is spelled "ade") :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Daily Driver
8,980 Posts
I replaced mine early on because of paranoia about the failure stories.
I figured I'd rather do it in the driveway on a sunny afternoon than beside the road, at 3 AM, in a hurricane. I'm glad I did because while it's not real complicated and Dicktator's instructions are good, the way the plastic pieces come apart/snap together can be reluctant the first time.

As a bonus I know the spare I carry worked fine when I took it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts