Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a console key .. I understand they are generic in cut. Bought 2 on Ebay...
Also looking for a waterfall decal .. Signature or Final Production.. FOUND ONE
If anyone has something please pm me.

Thanks

cadiman
:silver::silver::silver:

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I might have a console key�� The FPR waterfall is an emblem...but maybe they made a decal as well. I have the NOS FPR Emblem. See PM

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
oldxr is probably going to be upset with me for this - sorry Dane

1. Final Production Badges - a decade ago or so GM decided to release 500(?) FPR badges
Someone bought them, offered them on the forum and put them on ebay
I have an FPR and would not mind having another FPR badge on the shelf

I have no idea how they wound up with all those leftover badges.
I have a copy of a letter on GM letterhead dated January 15, 2006
I was amazed that GM knew precisely 826 FPR's could be built with the parts in stock, and also they predicted correctly The Last SSR would be built - 3.17.2006
So, I have no idea where all those extra badges came from - I can see where they maybe had to have 1000 built by contract and used 826, but an extra 500 is weird.

In recent years some put the FPR badge on non-FPR trucks
In a sense, I suppose this is okay - up to the individual owner
Where the problem arises is when the truck is sold and an unsuspecting buyer sees it as an FPR, or an unsuspecting dealer misrepresents the SSR as an FPR
Dealers, when notified, my experience is they almost always remove the FPR badge

Having said all this, if you want these items for the display cabinet, that is cool

#2 - This is just what I have done
I have a switch inside my console to light my flamed windbreak
I hated having to click the button and raise the console lid to get to the switch (my console button was sticking as well)
I removed the latch, so now my console cover just lifts, no fuss.
I figure if I have something I need to secure, I will find a place for it.
The lock is still there, so it looks secured

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,210 Posts
The 500 badges that GM authorized are NOT final production badges. They are similar to the Final Production badge, but do not have anything other than the letters “SSR”...... I know this for a fact, because the waterfall badge on my SSR is one of the 500, non-final production run that were produced and distributed to valid owners on the SSR forum. They were made specifically for the SSR Fanatics only. To my best recollection, we each had to have proof of ownership to get one. I have never heard of anyone putting them on eBay...... they were tightly controlled.

Perhaps Marc NY could chime in on this.......

Regards,

Mike

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
The 500 badges that GM authorized are NOT final production badges. They are similar to the Final Production badge, but do not have anything other than the letters “SSR”...... I know this for a fact, because the waterfall badge on my SSR is one of the 500, non-final production run that were produced and distributed to valid owners on the SSR forum. They were made specifically for the SSR Fanatics only. To my best recollection, we each had to have proof of ownership to get one. I have never heard of anyone putting them on eBay...... they were tightly controlled.

Perhaps Marc NY could chime in on this.......

Regards,

Mike
Those are different ones Mike - I know the ones Marc had that many people customized to suit their SSR
The ones I refer to were official FPR badges
They were being sold by "howellvette" in 2008
MarcNY has great integrity and his control of the SSR Badge sales was admirable.
In this instance - GM, not so much IMO - I don't think the FPR badges should ever have been made available
I think I was wrong on the number of them though

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
I don't know - it is sort of like Tribute vehicles - GT 500's Saleens M6's AMG's etc
Guys do some great stuff
I recently looked at a mid-sixties GT500 (for Nfwy) - turned out it was a clone, but just one subtle little detail in the ad made me question it
It was gorgeous, but it wasn't a true GT 500. I felt the seller was trying to sell something it wasn't.
By all means, create these great replicas, just don't promote them as the real deal
There is that argument - a clone FPR, and in our case, it is just a badge, no other modifications required - pretty inexpensive clone

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
2,244 Posts
Here's how the FPR badges were packaged when they were available from GM.
I HAD 10 OF THOSE BADGES AND GAVE THEM AWAY FOR FREE I THINK I HAVE ONE LEFT BUT I'M GONNA KEEP IT:blur::blur::blur::imsorry:

Reactions: cadiman

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
If they were available on ebay they could very well be counterfeits, it's not a difficult design to copy.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Look on the lock assembly on your console, there is a number there ( example 401 ) take that number too your local Locksmith and they have the blanks and will cut Your key while you wait. I paid $20 for two keys for mine and they work perfectly. Hope that helps some?

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought 2 new keys and I Got what I needed for my memorabilia cabinet...

Thanks for all the input

:silver::silver::silver::banana:banana:banana

·
Registered
11 Posts
Console Key

Look on the lock assembly on your console, there is a number there ( example 401 ) take that number too your local Locksmith and they have the blanks and will cut Your key while you wait. I paid $20 for two keys for mine and they work perfectly. Hope that helps some?
Thanks for that. I'm missing my key also and have been looking myself. Now if I can just figure out how to pay for the premium package I'll be good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts