Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
artsmart said:
Has anybody heard from Brother Eric? Not answering PM and haven't seen him posting lately...guess I'll have to call and track him down.

Bill and Jolene...you are added. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

:seeya
Randi (Sis),

I'm still here. I have not been on the site lately. I am here in Chicago helping with the Funeral of my Mother who passed away earlier this week. We are having the Funeral tomorrow (Sunday).

We are all doing fine. I jumped on the site tonight just to take a break. All is well.
I will be back by the middle of next week. Then I will give you my full attention.

I know I have everyones prayers and good wishes. The outpouring of love I and my family have received has been extraordinary.

I am posting here because I know the kind of wonderful people there are on this site and I did not want to hijack the "So Cal Social Event" thread.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
33 Posts
Condolences......

"E"....sorry for the loss of your Mom - I trust she didn't suffer. See ya on the 15th! - Jeff a/k/a Tallnla

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Eric, so sorry for the loss of your mother. As I'm sure you know, if you need anything or if we can help in any way, just ask.

Blast

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mother, Condolences to you and your Family.

RickSSR :cool

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Hey Bro...

Glad to hear you are OK. We hope you had an opportunity to say good-bye to your mother. God bless you and yours.

Tim and Randi

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mothers are very special people. I am sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family. I know your heart aches now but as you know, time heals. Take care.

Sarasota Joe

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Eric,

I lost my mother two years ago today and I have a sense of what you're going through. Everyday I think of her, so she must know she was loved very, very much. (That's all any of us can ask for when we're gone. - To be remembered.)

Good luck and God bless you and the rest of your family.........

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Sorry for your loss

Hey Eric

WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED US...

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank You, Thank You so Very, Very Much!

Everyone,

Thank you very, very much for your prayers, your best wishes and for your offers of support. My brothers and I enormously appreciate it. It is not easy having someone you love not be with you anymore. I miss my mom’s spirit and her continuous encouragement. She always knew what I was capable of and believed in me even when I did not believe in myself. She always wanted the best for me even if we sometimes we disagreed on what that was. She was about willing sacrifice, tenacity and an unshakable belief in her children. I remember a time when I first started high school. My class was taking college level algebra. I wasn’t doing to well in the class. At the parent teacher conference the instructor told her that that I would never do well in the class and should consider not being in it. Apparently he had said this to some other parents because my mom said that people were leaving the room angry. Well, my mother looked him in the eye and said “Sir, you don’t know my son. He may start off slowly, but I guarantee that by the end of the class he will be your best student.” The next day when I saw the instructor he said, in front of the class that he appreciated meeting with my mom. Also something else had altered in him. He started explaining things differently to the entire class. The class was much more understandable. Also by the end of the second semester I was up to a B+ and by the end of the year I was up to an A+. In fact, I became the person that the other students wanted to come to for help in the class. It was all due to my mom’s believe in me that had me live up to that potential! That is who she was for me and for my brothers. After my father died, we sometimes had to struggle to make ends meet and she would sometimes work two jobs just to make to make sure that we could continue in private school. She made whatever personal sacrifice necessary to make sure that her family was provided for. She shaped me into the person I am today.

Before she passed I was able to tell her everything I needed to say to her. She very much knew that I loved her and I very much knew that she loved me. She knew how grateful I was for who she was and how much I admired her.

Thank you all once again for your prayers, best wishes and support; and thank you for letting me express it to you here.

Eric

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
132 Posts
Your Mom

What a wonderful tribute to your Mom. Appears she did a great job as a Mother.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Frank

1 - 14 of 14 Posts