Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the SSR, I have a new 2004 Corvette Vert, I wish I could have both! What to you think? Should I wait to see if anymore changes are going to be in the SSR? :confused

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Traded my convertible vette for 05 SSR

I had a 98 Vette convertible I traded for my SSR and I couldn't be happier. I also sold outright an 03 Ford Harley Pickup. Still have my 63 Split window though.
Dave

·
Registered
87 Posts
Trade A C5 For An Ssr?

My wife traded her 2002 Corvette convertible for an early SSR in October of 2003 and couldn't be happier. I clearly gets a whole lot mor attention here in NJ than any of her Corvettes ever did and it has a whole lot more utility.... Of course that big 'trunk' costs me every time she goes out 'antique-ing'.

My advice is shop the internet now. (The few I've seen here in NJ are way out of line price wise with the national market.) Don't wait because this may be the very best, and last, of the SSR's. Cars are a lot like computers. There will always be something newer, faster and better but why deny yourself by waiting....

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Now is the best time to buy

Toy Truck said:
... My advice is shop the internet now. (The few I've seen here in NJ are way out of line price wise with the national market.) Don't wait because this may be the very best, and last, of the SSR's. Cars are a lot like computers. There will always be something newer, faster and better but why deny yourself by waiting....
DITTO Ken,

Come shop in the Western NY area... people have come from all over the country and Canada to get their best deals here... just ask around.

I.E. NJ & Florida for starters

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Just traded my 01 Corvette vert. for the 05 SSR. The Vette had only 1900 miles on it but it's been worth it. Like someone else said, I've gotten more positive looks and reactions than I ever did with the Vette. Go for it!!!!! :thumbs

·
Registered
371 Posts
You won't regret it! I traded my 5 month old '04 trailblazer, '02 PT Cruiser, and sold my Sea Ray boat! I couldn't be happier with my SSR! Just this afternoon at the grocery store I was getting out, and a woman with her teenage daughter asked if it drove as good as it looked, cause it really looks good! And it was filthy from the melting snow on the roads!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tough Call

jc/ssr said:
I really like the SSR, I have a new 2004 Corvette Vert, I wish I could have both! What to you think? Should I wait to see if anymore changes are going to be in the SSR? :confused

JC:

I have both. Just received a 2005 SSR on 12/10 and I have had a 2003 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette.... It’s a tough call! The SSR doesn’t have the pristine famine sex appeal while the Corvette has better performance and handling. I think the SSR is more fun while the Corvette is more exciting (0 - 60, 1/4 mile, or other high speeds). And remember, if you are going to drive the SSR on a regular basis, unlike the Corvette (as someone else mentioned tonight) you don’t have to climb out of the SSR. Again... tough call but you may have more fun with the SSR because it is really fun to drive, but will not go as fast or handle as well as the Corvette.

J

·
0 Posts
I traded my 4 month old 2004 Vette for my 2004 Redline Red SSR. I did it because my Vette had the 2.73 axle ratio which ruined the whole idea of having this type of car. Could not smoke the tires even with the traction control off. It was a shame as this was one of the most perfectly built cars I've ever owned of the fifty or so new cars that I've purchased since 1967. But I just did not have fun driving this car. Note that this was my fifth Corvette!

Regarding the SSR, I love the car so far, however at 700 miles I have already become expert with roof adjustments, rattle diagnosis etc. Cars that rattle drive me crazy and it would be awesome if only the SSR could be made to be half as tight and well built as the Vette I traded. Time will tell how long I will keep her. In the mean time I drive with the radio on real loud as I love the concept.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I went out last year to buy a new 2004 Corvette convert. and came home with my SSR after several test drives. I have never looked back and do not care how much the value goes down because it's a keeper. :cool :cool

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 2000 C5 Coupe and a 2005 SSR. The C5 is far more refined in terms of handling, its HUD, the DIY, inside storage space, etc. Value per dollar has to be greater for the Vet since they make so many more of them in addition to being in business longer. I actually get too many looks in the SSR which is a waste since 16 year olds have been made off-limits by my wife.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Drive in a different cirlce!

kgoodwin said:
... I actually get too many looks in the SSR which is a waste since 16 year olds have been made off-limits by my wife.
Hey Kg,
Whoa... You got'ta stop cruzin by and hangin out at the high schools, malls and fast food chains and go to more "adult" entertainment places! :rolleyes: :glol

·
Registered
322 Posts
Awww.....
Let em look! It's all in good spirit! That's why the SSR is the coolest! Even the teens can appreciate it!!! Its great to show them what Real Style is about!!

Keep on Cruizin!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Axiom said:
Awww.....
Let em look! It's all in good spirit! That's why the SSR is the coolest! Even the teens can appreciate it!!! Its great to show them what Real Style is about!!

Keep on Cruizin!!!
:agree

Aye, Aye, Axiom! I second that sentiment!

·
Registered
322 Posts
LOL!!!! NO Worries DAD

They are just admiring his SSR!! (I think its okay, if the wifes in the ride with him ;) )

And I hear your concern, as your girls are very Beautiful!!! :angel

I get sooooo many screams and hollers from the young'uns when we cruize ours too! Sometimes its more of a compliment when the tikes are impressed-
since they usually are into a completely different style now a days.

Keeps us all young!! :thumbs

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Fun for ALL ages!

Axiom said:
... I get sooooo many screams and hollers from the young'uns when we cruize ours too! Sometimes its more of a compliment when the tikes are impressed- since they usually are into a completely different style now a days.

Keeps us all young!! :thumbs
Thanks for your compliaments, I sure have my hands full :lol ... and Yes Axiom you are very correct... kids of all ages seem to love the style of the SSRs. I would have kids stop dead in their tracks and just point at the SSR when it came into their view or just holler WOW etc! :thumbs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts