Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In dash CD deck won't play. you can hear it keep changing disc's. It will load and unload CD's Radio plays just not CD's Any Ideas? Before I crack open the dash?? Layne12gun

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,604 Posts
My 04 Did that, had a couple CD's stuck in it...had to listen to the Radio Only until I put a Clarion CD/DVD/USB etc in...after we got it out we took it apart and it was hooped...hope this helps...sorry I'm not the bearer of good news...unless any one else has had this experience.

·
Daily Driver
8,948 Posts
My radio quit, couldn't get the CDs out, had it replaced under warranty.
A few weeks later the place in NJ Chevy sends the radios to for rebuild, mailed me my CDs.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your Boss unit the original equipment for the 05? If so I am interested. I am trying to keep mine all original as log as i can. Thanks
Layne12gun

you can write me at [email protected] Thanks

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
Is your Boss unit the original equipment for the 05? If so I am interested. I am trying to keep mine all original as log as i can. Thanks
Layne12gun

you can write me at [email protected] Thanks
The Bose units are the same for all four years. If you choose to replace your unit, I think you will need to have it programmed with your vehicle ID..... since the anti-theft system is tied to the radio....... Comments from someone with direct experience replacing the head unit would be useful here.....

Regards,

Mike

·
Tech Support/Research
1,701 Posts
The Bose units are the same for all four years. If you choose to replace your unit, I think you will need to have it programmed with your vehicle ID..... since the anti-theft system is tied to the radio....... Comments from someone with direct experience replacing the head unit would be useful here.....

Regards,

Mike
Yes, replacing the factory head unit with a similar one from another truck, SSR or not, will require reprogramming, e.g. with a Tech 2 or equivalent, to match the VIN of the truck to the radio. If this is not done the radio will operate upon its first power up but then will, as designed with its anti-theft feature, lock up and not function upon the next attempt. There are videos that discuss hacking radios to bypass the anti-theft feature but I have no experience with that.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,701 Posts
Reprogramming Radio

I just tried to reprogram a Radio with my Tech2, no dice!

Has to go to Dealer to reprogram to Vin#.

Dicktator
Dick:

That is true without having the supporting software that can either be loaded into the Tech 2 or passed through the Tech 2 to the vehicle. The GM programming software on a laptop shows that the radio is one of the SSR modules that can be (re)programmed via the Tech 2.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I'll sell the factory radio that I took out of mine last week. It had no range on AM/FM but was narrowed down to antenna. (Neither does the new one but that is another story.) Wil sell for $100 plus shipping.
Jack aka tnhillbilly (PayPal or check)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts