Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone that knows if the upper right hand cup holder can be used to replace the left hand coin tray, and if so how can I do it? :flag

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so very much Glenn. Do you have a part number for the special tool? Where can I get one? Do you have a part number for the second cup holder? You have been SOOOO helpful. :flag

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Yes, but alas No. I still haven't replaced the laptop where my cd info was loaded. Maybe one of the other service manual owners will chip in.

Yet another reason to buy the dead tree version?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been trying for three months, but no luck since GM has NOT release Helm to publish them. Thanks again for all the GREAT input!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
My Helm 2003 SSR two volume book set was just delivered yesterday.

Unfortunately it's at home - and I'm at work.

I was looking at the instructions for removal of the holders. The tool looks like two FLAT shoehorns that slide above and below the cupholder - that apparently disengage a 'latch' or 'latches' that allow the holder to slide right out - between the two tool pieces...

Will post that tool/part number tonight!!!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
J45999 Cup/Coin Holder Removal Tool

Not sure if they come two to a set - but, the manual shows that two are needed to pull the tray/holder...

J45999 Cup/Coin Holder Removal Tool

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Cup Holder Asm

Thank you so very very much. Now do you have a part number for the cup holder?

I now have the in dash cup holder part number:
GM # 89039758. I now have to find where I can obtain the proper tool required to remove the old coin holder. Part # J45999 and weather I need one each or two. I know I need two tools but perhaps the J45999 comes with two. :flag

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
mine broke, here are current part numbers

GM Part # Description Pack Qty Unit Price
*10369644 COVER 1 $37.09
*10369706 HOLDER 1 $35.69

Cup holder and rt side cover, current part numbers

* non returnable item at gmpartsdirect.com

·
Styles Sport Roadster
597 Posts
I just picked up coin and cup holder remove tool on e bay . Paid 11.99 plus shipping . Had a lot of hunting to find these . Yes there are two per package .

·
Registered
97 Posts
cup holder removal tool

Hi guys,
i replaced my coin holder with a cup holder some time ago,and I used two pieces of a hack saw blade that I broke in half to remove the old holder.You can slide the blades in on the bottom of the cup holder,one on each side to release a small keeper,and ease the holder out of the dash.Hope it works as easy for you as it did for me.
cpf

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,698 Posts
We have used a old credit card or room card, cut into small strips,need four.

Two for the top and two on the bottom.

Bevel/sharpen one end to slide in to release "Keeper". Tray will come out.

Be patient.

I have two sets of removal tools and the tool works best.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Or if you prefer

*** I HAVE 2 SETS LEFT ***

Please PM me if you are intersted

4 sale - cupholder / coin holder removal tool

This is a professional grade tool made by Kent-Moore

It is the specially designed for the SSR to remove the in-dash cup/coin holders

It is the same tool used by the Chevy dealers.

You can easily (takes about 10 seconds) switch sides of the coin & cup holders or install 2 in-dash cup holders as I did in my 'R'

This tool allows you to safely remove these slide out trays without breaking the flimsy plastic clips that hold the mechanisms in place.

Just 'GENTLY' remove the clip-on face plates, slide the 2 tools along the top & bottom of the trays to release the retaining clips & out it slides

PRICE: $19 including shipping
Thanks for looking

Damon
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts