·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,056 Posts
I can mfg / extrude that in silicone

send sample
I will return two for you with clear silicone cement

Regards GB
Do you put a slick coating or flocking on the silicone gaskets for side windows? Silicone is sticky and the added friction will burn up window motors. Someone years ago was making window gaskets for classic corvettes and stopped because of this issue. They had to grease the gaskets to get the windows up and down which made a mess on the glass. They work great for all other gaskets But not on sliding glass.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
There are various durometers of silicone

33 years doing aircraft seals and gaskets

inflatable door seal , static seals, landing gear doors etc

Iam doing tailgate seal in 40 duro , gloss black , no talc

I can do seals in custom colors for the sl300 customers or my high end aircraft turbine customers

The small rain seal in the pic ( taped ) , 72 inches in length sells for 5835.00 each, two per aircraft

This design keeps water to channel away from door when the aircraft is static and the door seal is not inflated, You will see this on Boeing and Gulfstream models

·
Registered
21 Posts
List on it was a shade under $300 when available. Let me know if you want it and I’ll get it. I’m showing one left in inventory.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No problem Goodluck you bought the wrong car though if you’re expecting cheap parts and with the low volume it is no one will be reproducing them. Once their gone their gone.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
No problem Goodluck you bought the wrong car though if you’re expecting cheap parts and with the low volume it is no one will be reproducing them. Once their gone their gone.
Excuse me?
I bought my SSR new in 2004. I know what I have. And well aware of parts issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just curious, how long have you had your R?
How long have you been a SSR Fanatic?
Not familiar with you.
Long enough to know and house over 5 grand worth of NOS parts for it and my GTO sitting in my basement

Limited production odd ball gms are my thing and they will look mint for the rest of my life.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
You got the “Limited production odd ball” part right.

“Limited production odd ball” pretty much describes you. Thank goodness.
Certainly better than making a big deal about buying the truck new, understating their rarity and still being too cheap to fix it properly.

Poor truck, most owners care about them. Thank goodness!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts