Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had heavy family things planned today and completely forgot that the SSR was the pace car for the event. What did it look like rolling? Did they talk about it? Anything else worth mentioning?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
too cool for words

:cheers They had Five SSR's at the beginning of the race. It was shown quite a bit. Not much talk about the vehicle but sure did get an eyefull! I am sold on getting one now more than ever! Just wish it would enter into GM's VOMS system soon.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool Machine

There were 5 of them on the first few laps. I was a little disappointed that there was not much said about them but Chevrolet did have their first commercial for the SSR during the race. It was a really cool looking machine. If you looked closely there were, what appeared to be about a dozen of them in a parking lot just off the track near turn #1. You could see them when the camera would pan around following the race.
I talked with my dealer a few days ago and he thinks they are about ready to release them for order. He is also checking to see if chevrolet will allow people who are ordering the SSR's to come to the plant and watch it being made. Sort of the way they do at the Ciorvette factory.:)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool Machine

My dealer is supposed to be checkin on it. If they do it like they do the Corvette the owner would be the first person to crank it and drive it off the line.:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think on the corvette they charge you about 500 for that privelage

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would have been nice to see it come off the line but for $500, they can kiss my [email protected]@. BMW has a great program for delivering your car and it's free. You can have your car deliver to their performance center in South Carolina. As long as you get there( you pay airfare), thet pick you up on Fridy night (in a BMW), free hotel (Marriott) and dinner, next day at 7 am tour of the museum, ten to the track where you can drive the car you ordred but is ONE OF THEIR CARS for the day on the track( wet and dry conditions), then take delivery of your car. You can then drive home or have it delivered to the dealer for a nominal charge. Now that's class.

Also they have a European delivery program that makes the car cheaper. You can pick up the car in germany, drive around Europe for 29 days or less, dropp it off at one of their 23 locations around Europe to be delivered to your dealer. The savings are large enough to pay for the trip to Germany and a 10 day stay if you are frugal. The saving has something to do with the used car import, I'm not 100% sure.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Cool Machine

:agree
I would not pay $500 to see it being made. They should adopt the BMW approach, that sure would be a classy way to do it. You would think that GM would like to have the good press. Heaven know we will paying a premium for them.
Supposedly I will placing the order on mine Wed. the 18th. The dealer expects it to be in by late July.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:cheers
I found out todat that Chevrolet does not allow anyone to come even to the Corvette plant. They stopped the tours after 9-11. My SSR was ordered into the system today according to my dealer. Should be in in 60-8 weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts