Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While visiting my local lexus dealer and discussing the application of K&N filters on said vehicles one of the service techs said that for the car too utilize the efficiency of the filter the computer had to recoganize that a different filter was being used. To do this it was advised that the neg (-) battery terminal connection be removed for 45 minutes and then reconnected. When the vehicle was then started the computer would recognize that the air was flowing easier and re-set itself for the more efficient air flow thus producing better gas milage and HP. Is this true and would it be advised to do on the SSR if a K&N filter were being used?
Thanks for any replys.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,205 Posts
not me

The Newer vehicles have a learning computer on board. It will adjust its flow curve after averaging the differance after a few miles.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,328 Posts
Fuzzy and the dealer are correct, I've been told resetting the computer is a faster way of getting the new airflow sensed but the computer will learn the new airflow on it's own after awhile.

Mike
:seeya

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
With the SSR you can clear the adaptive memory by removing fuse #27 (in the fuse box under the hood) for 5 minutes then reinstall and drive it like you stole it. It will relearn everything including the way you drive.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
With the SSR you can clear the adaptive memory by removing fuse #27 (in the fuse box under the hood) for 5 minutes then reinstall and drive it like you stole it. It will relearn everything including the way you drive.

I'd like to see this in the TIPS thread :jester (or is it already there?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts