Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried and tried to get my drivers door to open from the inside and still not working even installed the kit for it
i am in Magnolia TX any ideas ??
THANKS SAM

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I have tried and tried to get my drivers door to open from the inside and still not working even installed the kit for it
THANKS SAM
Hi Sam,

Prior to joining the group and learning about the kit I had the same issue with my passenger door. I purchased the inner door pull from Wild Bills. Not sure if Wild Bill's still has door pulls but it might be worth checking into.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,642 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
THANKS SAM
When you reinstalled did you make sure door handle ear was in plastic cup that is attached to rod.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Also on the latch mechanism there is a bolt that holds tension on the unit.Make sure that bolt is tight. you can see it after you take off the door panel.Mine came loose and wouldn't open the door either. Tighten it up real good.One more thing to look at.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Had the same problem and found the screws along the LOCK EDGE of the door were loose. Tightened them up and presto, handle works again. WSK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts