Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a 2005 SSR in Port Chester, NY but I live in Seattle , WA.

Is anyone here willing to inspect my purchase for me? Of course I will pay for the service.

What is the best strategy for me to take in order to insure the least number of bad surprises when she arrives in Seattle? My traveling to NY would probably not be of much help as my knowledge of autos is limited.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Seattle Ag said:
I am purchasing a 2005 SSR in Port Chester, NY but I live in Seattle , WA.

Is anyone here willing to inspect my purchase for me? Of course I will pay for the service.

What is the best strategy for me to take in order to insure the least number of bad surprises when she arrives in Seattle? My traveling to NY would probably not be of much help as my knowledge of autos is limited.

Thanks.
I'm about 4 hours away from there. I live in Upstate NY. You can email me: [email protected] I might be able to help you.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
The best thing to do is take it to a body shop near you and have them look it over for repair damage. The possible rest the factory warranty will take care of.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Inspection in NY

One suggestion would be a Car Fax check of it BUT Car Fax only has the information given it. I retired from NY DMV and constantly got complaints from sellers that the mileage etc. given people running these checks was wrong. Basically Car Fax BUYS information and publishes it right or wrong. They have a disclaimer (in minute print) that states they are not responsible for inaccurate info. With that said, I would ask for the VIN and go to your local Chevy dealer and have them run the VIN for any service work performed. The other option would be to look in Hemmings Motor News for people who do the detailed type of inspection you would want. Also you don't state whether your buying from a dealer or private. Just my long thoughts.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Seattle Ag,

I PM'd you a contact in the Port Chester area...

Oh - and if you are looking for someone to drive that SSR home for ya - let me know - I'll fly out and pick it up! :flag

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback....

... I did not give you guys other info... such as....

buying it from a dealer of exotic cars. It has less than 700 miles. Has 6 months of warranty used up - June 1, 2005 was the approximate purchase date.

The dealer guarantees it is as new and backs it up in writing, no dents, scratches etc. etc. But talk is cheap, although I'd like to trust him. Has a couple references with other exotic car dealers here in Seattle, as a matter of fact my SSR is sharing a ride out here with a Porsche he is shipping to Seattle. So I trust his business history, just concerned about the SSR, but like Ricochet says, the warranty should handle anything...??? hope so.

I ran a check on the title etc and it is 100% clean, which may tell me nothing - but I did it. Not too worried about body damage, but who knows.

Just wanted an experienced SSR owner to put their eyes on it, maybe test drive it, look for any problem areas, oil leaks, rattling etc.

Anyway... appreciate all of your help and it looks like I soon will join the ranks of the some of the luckiest truck owners around.

I say that because until 2 days ago I did not drive an SSR, just loved the retro style and convertible hard top. I am not a hotrod or NASCAR type of guy. And I didn't want to put miles on someone else's SSR by taking one for a test drive. But the time had come and so I located a used 2004 here in Seattle. It had the smaller engine (not 6.0L). And I drove it.

My gosh. That's all... just... my gosh. I'm a little bit afraid of what the 6.0L will do.

Told my wife if I had driven one before now I would already own one. Sent the money the next day and am waiting for delivery. Should ship out middle of next week.

But still I would like to have an experienced SSR vet have a look, but might have to forego that caution especially given the low mileage.

Thanks again for all your help.

kwhopper89, I will make a phone call on that PM, thanks.

PS It's slingshot yellow with matching yellow running boards, chrome wheels.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
At least you got to test drive one - A few of us here had our orders in before the Lansing Craft Centre started production - my SSR was the first one I sat in.:cool

You did get the BEST color too!

Image is from day 2 of ownership - Columbia River view. (Bought my SSR from a Montana dealership - and drove her home - the 1st week of December 2003...)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts