Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the inside trim with the lite and wire harness for my SSR. Does anyone know where it plugs into? I know where one end goes (to the inside trim) but my dealer doesn't know where the other two connections go to. Before I rip out the whole liner to look for the connection (what the dealer suggested) I thought someone might know. HELP!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just went and looked at mine. There is a metal bracket on the driver's side of the bed, on which the cargo cover is mounted. The forward end of this box like bracket is where the electrical pigtail goes.

I felt inside with my fingers, but could not feel the end, so my guess is the pigtail goes through the driver's side of the bedwall and connects to the wiring harness. Don't know, but my guess would be you will need to remove the cargo cover lid and that bracket.

Hope this helps!

PCBeach :ssr

·
OP
8,225 Posts
looked everywhere

Well I checked the Helms repair manual and could not find it anywhere, found what the connector looks like and the schematics, but no diagram.
So I climbed into my SSR and the best I can tell is that the harness runs into the inside of the lid bracket (like a brake line into a fram rail) and that was as far as I could reach, but it appears it goes behind the plastic bed liner as well. Mine is carpeted so obviously it goes behind it too.
I would begin by just pulling and peeking behind the plastic on that side, perhaps you will see the connector.
Sorry I wasn't more help, good luck.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Don't do it.....

There is no need to remove anything!

Find the hole in the side of the bed near the hinge. Take the wire harness and put it through the hole making sure you "aim" it toward the rear of the truck. It is stiff enough that you should not have much trouble with this. Now lay down under the back end behind the driver's side rear wheel. Look up into the fender well. At the rear, attached to the inner bed wall, you will see a black plastic box. Along the bed wall and just slightly to the front of the plastic box, you will be able to see a hole and hopefully the wire harness you pushed into that hole in the bed side. You will probably have to open that plastic box and loosen the screws holding it to the bed wall to get the harness end (connector) thru and then connected.

HTH,

Diggs

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good!

Like I said, I didn't know....

Glad you don't have to remove the bracket! Can imagine the allignment problems you might have if you did.

PCBeach :ssr

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All Right!

Diggs said:
There is no need to remove anything!

Find the hole in the side of the bed near the hinge. Take the wire harness and put it through the hole making sure you "aim" it toward the rear of the truck. It is stiff enough that you should not have much trouble with this. Now lay down under the back end behind the driver's side rear wheel. Look up into the fender well. At the rear, attached to the inner bed wall, you will see a black plastic box. Along the bed wall and just slightly to the front of the plastic box, you will be able to see a hole and hopefully the wire harness you pushed into that hole in the bed side. You will probably have to open that plastic box and loosen the screws holding it to the bed wall to get the harness end (connector) thru and then connected.

HTH,

Diggs
I knew someone would know this. Thanks Diggs, I'll let you know how it works out this weekend.

Jeff

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do a search for "Carpet Kit", wiring harness is explained
Ted :ssr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts