Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a set for the grille and for the door sills on ebay and installed these today. Chevy should have done this for us, what a change! These are super cool...Not sure if the pics will post...:) :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,141 Posts
I just ordered the grill ones yesterday. Are yours the yellow or gold? I ordered gold to match the bow tie.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
620 Posts
copcarcollector said:
Bought a set for the grille and for the door sills on ebay and installed these today. Chevy should have done this for us, what a change! These are super cool...Not sure if the pics will post...:) :)
I also took the plung and purchased the grill, sills and steering wheel insert. Got mine in gold for the grill. Hope it ends up looking as good as yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dome Decals

The seller name on ebay is "domeddecals". I got the YELLOW grille set to match the paint, but gold would be cool too. Did not get the steering wheel one, but really happy with the grille and sills. I put on the grille set when the car was hot, had just been driven, not sure if this helped or not with the adhesive. Make sure to clean the areas well with rubbing alcohol first, I used tweezers to remove the sticker backing and hold the insert before final placement. Took about 20 minutes for all.:) :) Almost forgot, the "S" 's for SSR only go one way, be careful when installing them! The grille letters do not fill the cavity entirely, there is a little room here and there, but hardly noticeable when done. COOL...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,141 Posts
copcarcollector said:
The seller name on ebay is "domeddecals". I got the YELLOW grille set to match the paint, but gold would be cool too. Did not get the steering wheel one, but really happy with the grille and sills. I put on the grille set when the car was hot, had just been driven, not sure if this helped or not with the adhesive. Make sure to clean the areas well with rubbing alcohol first, I used tweezers to remove the sticker backing and hold the insert before final placement. Took about 20 minutes for all.:) :) Almost forgot, the "S" 's for SSR only go one way, be careful when installing them! The grille letters do not fill the cavity entirely, there is a little room here and there, but hardly noticeable when done. COOL...
Get the steering wheel one in brushed chrome its really nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
copcarcollector said:
Bought a set for the grille and for the door sills on ebay and installed these today. Chevy should have done this for us, what a change! These are super cool...Not sure if the pics will post...:) :)
Very nice! I installed the gold colored version few months back. Looks alot nicer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Chev Letters

copcarcollector said:
The seller name on ebay is "domeddecals". I got the YELLOW grille set to match the paint, but gold would be cool too. Did not get the steering wheel one, but really happy with the grille and sills. I put on the grille set when the car was hot, had just been driven, not sure if this helped or not with the adhesive. Make sure to clean the areas well with rubbing alcohol first, I used tweezers to remove the sticker backing and hold the insert before final placement. Took about 20 minutes for all.:) :) Almost forgot, the "S" 's for SSR only go one way, be careful when installing them! The grille letters do not fill the cavity entirely, there is a little room here and there, but hardly noticeable when done. COOL...
I've been thinking about doing the hood/Chevy letters but have been undecided. You said you used the yellow to match the paint. They look good from the pic's.
However...and however '*******' it may sound... I've been thinking about using the red letters for the hood. I have the pacific blue and not sure just how how it may look (guess I do the photo shop trick). But here's my rationale and thinking for the red. The old trucks had that similar emblem and the chevy letters were painted red. I have a 1954 chev truck to verify that. Just was thinking and trying to keep it retro.

Any thoughts or has anyone used the red letters with any color truck other than red?
 

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
FarmTruck said:
I've been thinking about doing the hood/Chevy letters but have been undecided. You said you used the yellow to match the paint. They look good from the pic's.
However...and however '*******' it may sound... I've been thinking about using the red letters for the hood. I have the pacific blue and not sure just how how it may look (guess I do the photo shop trick). But here's my rationale and thinking for the red. The old trucks had that similar emblem and the chevy letters were painted red. I have a 1954 chev truck to verify that. Just was thinking and trying to keep it retro.

Any thoughts or has anyone used the red letters with any color truck other than red?
:thumbs I agree...lots of the older cars and trucks used red letters regardless of the paint. I think that's what I'm going to do on my aqua blur.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
If I were going to do these letters, I'd definitely go for red. Not much point to installing silver letters to match the paint ...

:rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,141 Posts
Got the matching to the bow tie gold ones yesterday. Here is how the gold looks. IMO this is the only color to go with to match the factory logos.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
Ricochet said:
Got the matching to the bow tie gold ones yesterday. Here is how the gold looks. IMO this is the only color to go with to match the factory logos.

The gold looks good:thumbs I am trying to decide what color to use on mine:seeya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Just Doubled Checked the 1954....

ssr blur said:
:thumbs I agree...lots of the older cars and trucks used red letters regardless of the paint. I think that's what I'm going to do on my aqua blur.
.... doubled checked the '54... been under cover and my memory falls me at times...
,,,anyway...I'm partially right.

Here's actually what it is -
... the similar chevy emblem on the 54 that compares to the SSR is as follows:
----a chrome piece with the center (fling wing kinda) having an embossed blue bowtie over center section of red with embossed vertical lines kind'a with the red in the valley and chrome edges.
Hard to explain and don't have digital camera.
However the word Chevrolet is on the top of the grill band bullet nose and the letters of Chevrolet are painted white in the groves.

Now I'm thinking maybe white?

Just wanted to correct that issue on what the old 54 actually is. But I do think the red would still go well and be close the retro.

Sorry... just like to be correct. Don't have that 1954 out to much.
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
I think the red would look great with the dark colors!!!:thumbs
White might get lost on the silver background . Hard to say when you can't see it!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
620 Posts
Silver with gold too

Ricochet said:
Got the matching to the bow tie gold ones yesterday. Here is how the gold looks. IMO this is the only color to go with to match the factory logos.
I too orderd gold and will use it on my silver SSR. Looks good.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,046 Posts
Flat or domed?

copcarcollector said:
Bought a set for the grille and for the door sills on ebay and installed these today. Chevy should have done this for us, what a change! These are super cool...Not sure if the pics will post...:) :)
I just received my sill decals today,they look alittle cheeszee? are your decals domed? They look like it? mine are flat,I got them from auto trim design (ebay).
I didn't see any domed for sill,I know the Chevrolet are domed!I painted mine
a royal blue and painted the vents red,its different?! Thanks Hal

Hal here:I attempted to install the pure crap decals from auto trim design,my good buddy and I with
special tools(tweezers) spent twenty minutes trying to get the very flat and flimsy decal to fit and stick,no way,threw the dam things in the garbage,will seek the domed type!On a positive note we installed my
new soft saddle bags,they're are cool,have much better idea to fasten,than the person who designed
them,however,they work and I like them:) Thanks Mark in california for the deal! Hal
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top