Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a beautiful 2003 Black SSR. It does not have the guage package (3 guages on the floor) I do not think this was even an option in 2003. BUT I would like to put them in. QUESTION: does anyone have experience with these in an 03 SSR? Is the wiring and connector already in the car? Under the carpet ? OR would an 03 have to be wired in order to install these? Thanks for anyones knowledge and input on this topic.:seeya

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Already wired

The wiring connector is under the carpet, use the search button and look for "gauges", you'll find lots of threads on the subject.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
I just installed one in my 05 I have pictures I would be happy to send you also you can P/M me for my phone number. I understand they all have the pigtail installed but some of the early models did not always have them at the leading edge of the shifter console where they were supposed to be. I found mine taped to the floor pan under the shifter NEAR the edge but far enough in that I had to do I lot of fishing with my fat fingers to find it. Some people have had to remove the whole console to get at it because it was twisted around under the shifter area and thats a HUGE job.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Make sure you get the correct guages for the year model!!! doing a search will help you out. all wiring is there, the ashtray should open after install!!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Make sure you get the correct guages for the year model!!! doing a search will help you out. all wiring is there, the ashtray should open after install!!!!
I have an '04 and the ashtray hits the top of the gauges, so it only opens about half way...not a huge deal since I don't smoke, nor do I allow anyone to smoke in my car, but is there a way to fix this? The gauges were dealer installed and I've never really investigated as to whether this was normal.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
PhantomAudio said:
I have an '04 and the ashtray hits the top of the gauges, so it only opens about half way...not a huge deal since I don't smoke, nor do I allow anyone to smoke in my car, but is there a way to fix this? The gauges were dealer installed and I've never really investigated as to whether this was normal.

The reasons your ash tray wont open could be two fold. It might be you need to remove more carpet padding on the sides or as it was in my case the mounting bracket needed to be adjusted more reaward.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks for the info, I just came back to delete my post since I found the answer about 15 threads down. I promise I'll investigate a little more thoroughly before I post something that's probably already been answered 1,000 times. But thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts