Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Chrome Seat Hoops today and went to put them on. I had read up on it before attempting and had no problem getting the old ones off. I had read on one of the posts that the tabs on the bottom may have casting flash on them and need to be removed. Sure enough the two tabs sticking down had a U shaped piece on the bottom connecting the two tabs to each other. I cut the U portion off so the tab matched my old one. I went to push it on but it would not go on. I pulled it back up and looked and there was also a piece of casting flashing in the center of the top of the hoop under side. I simply bent it back and fourth and it snapped right off. I then pushed it straight down and it snapped into place. They really look good compared to the old satin ones.

·
DFW TX Crew
1,439 Posts
Nice job, I did this same thing about a year ago and with the chrome rims those chrome seat hoops are a perfect compliment.

Josh

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Center top of the hoop has a tab where a metal clip is installed. This helps hold it in place. I bet your old one snapped off and is still in the slot in the top of the seat.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got mine from Mike Byers. He has a post with them in the for sale section. I think they are on back order again.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Center top of the hoop has a tab where a metal clip is installed. This helps hold it in place. I bet your old one snapped off and is still in the slot in the top of the seat.
Clips are off to the sides, this was directly in the middle. Had same problem with one of mine also had to steal clips off satin one, also had extra flashing on both bottoms

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts