Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all I need help finding someone near Greenville, SC to repair my Instrument cluster gauges that are not working correctly. Sometimes the speedometer needle will not move and now the temperature needle doesn't work at all. I appreciate any suggestions other than the chevy dealer. I can't give up an arm and a leg, I need them for my scooter...

Thanks

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,193 Posts
This is a common issue and has a simple fix. Just pull your cluster send it to one of us and get all five stepper motors (one for each needle) replaced.
Yes, I would be happy to replace the stepper motors...... but you are much closer to Mike (Dragon2U) and Dick (Dicktator).

Regards,

Mike

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,956 Posts
I just repaired and sent out another one last week.

Common problem OEM stepper motor C5-168, (low Bid). We are now X27-168 a lot better stepper motor.

Mike aka Dragon2U is much closer to you.

Dicktator

Email: [email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,630 Posts
mj7035, Now that you see how good this place is, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you have found the BEST FORUM ever! BUT-----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,566 Posts
Hey Y'all I need help finding someone near Greenville, SC to repair my Instrument cluster gauges that are not working correctly. Sometimes the speedometer needle will not move and now the temperature needle doesn't work at all. I appreciate any suggestions other than the chevy dealer. I can't give up an arm and a leg, I need them for my scooter...

Thanks
Welcome to SSRFanatic.com. As you have noticed we are a very friendly and helpful family but, I noticed your last sentence " I need them for my scooter..." and wonder if that is what is in need of service. I hope you are referring to your SSR because that is what we are here for. I am sure every one has a pet name for their SSR but I have not heard of one being called a scooter and Pet names usually begin with capital letters. I want to be gentle so I don't sound like a meany but if this does not have to do with an SSR I think you need to look elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Welcome to SSRFanatic.com. As you have noticed we are a very friendly and helpful family but, I noticed your last sentence " I need them for my scooter..." and wonder if that is what is in need of service. I hope you are referring to your SSR because that is what we are here for. I am sure every one has a pet name for their SSR but I have not heard of one being called a scooter and Pet names usually begin with capital letters. I want to be gentle so I don't sound like a meany but if this does not have to do with an SSR I think you need to look elsewhere.
One that you have to read between the lines? He doesn't want to go to a Gm dealer because it will cost him an [arm & leg]. --------

Bird

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,566 Posts
One that you have to read between the lines? He doesn't want to go to a Gm dealer because it will cost him an [arm & leg]. --------

Bird
Thanks, I hope so.

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,449 Posts
WELCOME, MJ . . . from Southern Arizona.

As for your Stepper Motors . . . you are extremely lucky being almost "walking distance" from Mike (aka: Dragon2U).

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio.
If you go to Dragon's (Mike's) place, be sure to bring checkbook, he has a lot of nice bling for your new ride.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,301 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!! :00000732:

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
2,244 Posts

Thanks
MIKE DRAGON2U FIXED MINE,WORKS LIKE NEW :smile2:

·
LKMURKY
449 Posts

Thanks
Pull the cluster, insure it and send it to Mike Polenske DRAGON2U in Warner Robins Ga. Took him a week to get mine back to Columbia for my 04. Got to do it again for my 06. Best deal on the planet.
I'll run up and help you one day next week if need be.
Drove with a GPS for speedometer for the week while it was out for service.
Or Pull it and he can bring it to you in Maggie Valley, pretty quick to get everything back together.
Cary
LKMURKY
Columbia SC
04:yellow:
06 :blur:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts