Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scam or truth. got a text from local Chevrolet dealer that they received a "urgent" call from an insurance company that their client totaled his SSR and the insurance company wanted to buy him a replacement. The Chevrolet dealer proceeded to tell me that they searched their data base and found me as an SSR owner. The dealer continued to tell me that their manager authorized them to buy my SSR for book value or book value plus $1500 for a trade in. ARE U KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW, I told them I wasn't interested but had ocean front property in Tenn. I would sell them.:wink2:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,271 Posts
Now that's a new one I would say scam but nothing with insurance company's surprise me any more !!!!!!!!! :surprise:

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,300 Posts
It sounds like a sales pitch is all to me. I have never had an insurance company tell me they would fine me a replacement vehicle. All they have ever told me was to go find comparable ones my self to show them the value of my car then they would pay me what we settled on and then it was up to me to go buy a new vehicle.

The other thing is our trucks book value is not close to what they will sell for on the open market. It is usually much lower than what real world sales are going for.

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
Look Brother Gulmire, now we have River front property on the West Coast of Tennessee along the Mississippi River. Here in Middle Tennessee we have River front property on the Stones River or the Cumberland River and another river in East Tennessee that the name escapes me. Somebody help me out. Sooooo, sell all the Ocean front property you can get your hands on Bro !!! Hope you and Jan had enjoyable winter in Arizona (did you sell all your Ocean front property in Arizona) and are back home enjoying Spring in Wisconsin. tennesseecozydog & wifey :ssr

ps You know this is a scam !!! Do not sell that "little yellow truck" Remember that's how we met when you found it in Mississippi. You'll never find another one that nice !!! Terry when I was a Freshman at the University of Wisconsin (Go Badgers) we spelled "Insuarnce" I n s u r a n c e in English 101 :smile2: :laugh: :smile2: Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts