Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
My 2004 trade in at auction is 20,000.00
Kelly Blue Book is 29,500.00 to excellent condition 34,000.00.

If my SSR was stolen at what value will they cover it?

Why don't you ask you agent?
I had a friend who was hit by another driver and his vehicle totalled. They tried to give him like KBB trade-in value. He stood his ground and said "I don't want money, I want the same vehicle" Eventually the insurance company got him a vehicle. I don't believe that this is an option for most insurance companies, but I know it has been done before.

T

·
0 Posts
Insurance

My 2004 SSR was stolen about a month ago. State Farm paid 37,500 and thank goodness I also had GAP insurance and they paid the rest of my pay off to the bank. If you don't have GAP insurance get it, and State Farm Insurance was quick to pay and was very nice to me and helped me with any questions I had. :)

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coverage Value

WOW_FCTR said:
Why don't you ask you agent?
I had a friend who was hit by another driver and his vehicle totalled. They tried to give him like KBB trade-in value. He stood his ground and said "I don't want money, I want the same vehicle" Eventually the insurance company got him a vehicle. I don't believe that this is an option for most insurance companies, but I know it has been done before.

I thought this would be a good place to ask this question. I know we have had a few stolen and some burned and or in accidents . Was hoping that someone that's been thru this could shed some light on what value they were covered at. I was shocked at the auction trade in value. After that I started thinking, if something devastating happened to my SSR would I be alright and able to replace it. I will call my insurance agent. But still looking for feedback regarding this. I think we should all be concerned.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Insurance

Insurance varies from area to area and co. to co..............It just depends...... As I pay 622.00 per year on my SSR.....

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Good approximation:

Hotrodgirl, insurance companies pay "Actual Cash Value" (ACV) which is defined as: The cash replacement value of your vehicle in your area. A pretty good way to approximate the ACV of any given vehicle can be computed from: www.kbb.com

Under the "Used Cars" tab, enter the year / make / model info as requested. Next select "suggested retail value" bullet. Then enter any additional model info requested by website. Enter your zip code and mileage and all appropriate options info. Click on "Get Pricing Report".

Note that value, then click below on "Get Private Party Value". Repeat all necessary entries under "Private Party" value. Rate your vehicle as "Good".

Take the average of the 2 values and you will have a pretty decent approximation of your vehicle's ACV. Hope this helps.

Blast

B

·
0 Posts
flooded from the bayou

the insur. will give you full retail value plus tax and tag fees,after everything is said and done, - your deductable,they gave me around 39500,the buy back price was set at 18000 way to much for me,so after they pay it off i'll end up with 22500 ,just a little more then i put down..... thanks to RITA,well later bayou runner

I

·
0 Posts
yes, GAP pays off!! i always get gap to save my @ss. it will pay the loan in full :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
This truck is just not worth the price every one paid for it Peroid. Because of the problems and the way GM has handled it. Heck the three Chevy dealers around here will not put one on their show room floor and no way their lot.
Great truck,fun to drive but you need to sell it out right to get your money out of it and that is a maybe, or set fire to it, or have it stolen! :jester

·
Registered
217 Posts
BigAlkin said:
This truck is just not worth the price every one paid for it Peroid. Because of the problems and the way GM has handled it. Heck the three Chevy dealers around here will not put one on their show room floor and no way their lot.
Great truck,fun to drive but you need to sell it out right to get your money out of it and that is a maybe, or set fire to it, or have it stolen! :jester
You will will have it till you Die! Just like being married :jester

1 - 10 of 10 Posts