Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having any luck getting collector car insurance for their SSR. I'm not. I had to insure with my Allstate agent. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim M.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
INSURANCE

Try Leland West @ lelandwest.com. They have insured a number of special interest cars for me and will insure my SSR as soon as I get the VIN number. Their application procedure is time consuming, but there rates are great. They offer a 2,500 & 5,000 mile a year program. The quoted rate for the 2,500 mile program with a stated value of $47,000 is approximately $450.00. I live in Michigan, and our auto insurance requirements make our rates substantially higher than other states.

Good Luck

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LeLand West Insurance WILL NOT insure this vehicle as of 11/19/03 and the girl on the phone said they don't insure any trucks. Beware of the trick question as to how you will use vehicle. Will you use it for "any daily activities" will decline you. BEWARE!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are absolutely correct. Leland West had quoted about a month ago, and the issue of it being a truck was never discussed. I assumed they knew what they were quoting when I told them it was a Chevrolet SSR. I can't see what possible difference it makes.
I also have insurance with Grundy in Horsham Pa., which has indicated they will write it based on agreed upon value.
Any of the specialty insurers have rules limiting the vehicle's use as a daily driver and the number of annual miles allowed. If your SSR is being used as a daily driver, it probably will have to be insured with a standard carrier at a higher rate.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Insurance

I've insured my Corvette and SSR through State Farm as "under 7,500 mi. per year" saving a few hundred bucks. Easy discount to get if you are insuring other vehicles as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts