Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm going to weigh in here and state...uh, no. Doesn't do a thing for the looks and slows down the look by 40 MPH. However, I do applaud the ingenuity of the install, though.

·
Florida SSR Fanatic
3,026 Posts
I'm going to weigh in here and state...uh, no. Doesn't do a thing for the looks and slows down the look by 40 MPH. However, I do applaud the ingenuity of the install, though.
Can't agree totally with you Sangus - different owners, different tastes in looks.

As to the install, I believe this install will lead to many different styles.
I too applaud the ingenuity of the install.

304255605_tp.jpg
4th Annual FL Rally (Daytona) March 2012

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
:agree The SSR is our private canvas. Some mods are so very different but so is each Fanatic. Sinister is my Favorite. I have seen some show trucks that were so overdone that it was objectionable to me. Some of us also kept the SSR bone stock. I dont like bumpers but love the nerf bars......:smash

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have to admit, after I offered my thought I felt a bit of guilt stating, without some humility, my first hand impression.

And, as was stated after my comment, these exceptional vehicles do offer each of us our own canvas to which, some would not care for my 'mods' as well.

Ain't it grand that only 27 thousand of us (or so) get the opportunity to work with these 'canvases'?

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

It's alot more interesting and conversational than all the political trash talking on the other threads...
Well, that's kind of why I threw it out there. I like hearing more about our trucks, or any vehicle related information, rather than the "other" stuff while I visit here.

While the bumper is not quite my cup of tea either, I do enjoy the discussion about it and seeing what others do to their rides. Just thought I'd share with all here to get some on topic discussion :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yup, I love those nerf bars, too. I think I'm gonna get me a pair but just for the rear. The chin spoiler on my SSR is all that is needed for an upfront look.

By the way, where did you get those bars?

·
Proud Original Owner
17,932 Posts
Well, that's kind of why I threw it out there. I like hearing more about our trucks, or any vehicle related information, rather than the "other" stuff while I visit here.

While the bumper is not quite my cup of tea either, I do enjoy the discussion about it and seeing what others do to their rides. Just thought I'd share with all here to get some on topic discussion :)
I agree!!
After all, this is an automobile forum, not a political blog.
There are plenty of those sites on the web for those who want it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts