Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Great product. Before you order check your door panel and see if you have a single sweep or double sweep blades on your window seal. My 04 has double blades and requires twice as much of the moleskin.
Bought mine on Ebay, the seller sent me a message to check the seal so he could provide the proper lengths.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-SSR-...h=item3a5198b97c:g:phUAAMXQCtlRSXYw:rk:1:pf:0

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,324 Posts
Moleskin has been long talked about since the SSR came out 15 years ago. It is used to prevent scratching of windows but more so the tint applied to the side windows due to the hard plastic used in the wipers in the doors when small dirt gets in there. The felt reduces the chance of damage. Take off the door panel, apply the felt to the 2 wiper strips on each door and reassemble. Make sure you clean the wipers well with cleaning compound to assure the felt will stick.

I personally WOULD NOT purchase a simple few feet of length for $30 from either of the above sellers. You can buy a 90 foot roll for just a few dollars more, $35 from Amazon and many other sources. You'll have enough to share with many other Fanatics and bring the price down to just a few dollars for each application.

Even if you do not buy from Amazon, make sure you purchase the CRL brand or another commercial brand that is of high quality.

$35 for 90 FEET - share with friends, everyone wins - does about 7 trucks - $5 per application NOT $30
www.amazon.com/CRL-Wide-Moleskin-Channel-Liner/dp/B000KZOZDI

Some people have also used the felt side of velcro, similar but thicker and harder to keep in place due to more pressure on window.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,802 Posts
I used Mole Skin originally on my windows to avoid scratching tint, worked fine but is not durable long term, in my opinion. So, I looked for something else.

Someone suggested Velcro, soft side, tried it, liked it and it is much more durable.

As Mike/Dragon2U said it is thicker which I found helped keep window in alignment with roof/window seals. I use Promotor to prep door so Velcro/Mole Skin sticks properly.

Look at my SSR HOW TO LIBRARY: I know, I am such a pain!

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Look up VELCRO FOR WINDOW TINT and WINDOW RATTLE FIX.

Instructions/part numbers/amount needed is all there.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Moleskin has been long talked about since the SSR came out 15 years ago. It is used to prevent scratching of windows but more so the tint applied to the side windows due to the hard plastic used in the wipers in the doors when small dirt gets in there. The felt reduces the chance of damage. Take off the door panel, apply the felt to the 2 wiper strips on each door and reassemble. Make sure you clean the wipers well with cleaning compound to assure the felt will stick.

I personally WOULD NOT purchase a simple few feet of length for $30 from either of the above sellers. You can buy a 90 foot roll for just a few dollars more, $35 from Amazon and many other sources. You'll have enough to share with many other Fanatics and bring the price down to just a few dollars for each application.

Even if you do not buy from Amazon, make sure you purchase the CRL brand or another commercial brand that is of high quality.

$35 for 90 FEET - share with friends, everyone wins - does about 7 trucks - $5 per application NOT $30
www.amazon.com/CRL-Wide-Moleskin-Channel-Liner/dp/B000KZOZDI

Some people have also used the felt side of velcro, similar but thicker and harder to keep in place due to more pressure on window.
I agree on sharing and that was my original intention as I bought a 90ft roll of it on Amazon about 6 months prior to finally getting around to using it and it would not stick to anything after sitting on a shelf in my climate controlled shop. The adhesive seemed like it was very old. It was too late to send it back so it all went in the trash and I bought what I needed from the Ebay seller which worked out perfect. I also tried industrial Velcro but that didn't seem to adhere very well either and I was afraid it would come of and bind up the window. I've had the moleskin on for about a year and no issues. I'm sure I just got a bad batch but it was an expensive lesson.
Years ago I bought a large roll of urethane door edge guard tape, used it on about 6 vehicles and still have a bunch left.
Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts