Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this while searching to get points for PCH prize. Not much else to do while sitting home.
Check it out. Not intended to distract from Members Youtube channels.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,698 Posts
AWESOME!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found his comments on the fan interesting and a nice ad for Mike but not accurate enough to generate any business. I also sent an invitation for him to join us, by the only means available, through a comment to his son. We' ll see what happens there. He needs a set of mikes 5" Tips.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I find a few things not adding up. The LS7 Head is not going to work or at least, not easily with the LS2 short block. The LS7 head is designed for a 4.125 bore. The LS2 6.0 uses a 4.00 bore. He said he has a stock short block so it would be hard to see this work out.

And his using the stock mufflers and tail pipes and making 600 horse is hard to believe. The stock mufflers neck down at the inlet and outlet. Why would anyone add headers and do a head and cam swap and talk to experts and not up grade the mufflers and split the exhaust. I am not seeing this make 600 horse power unless there is a 200 shot of nitrous in there some where.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He answered my question by stating that his father no longer owns the SSR and was not a member here. He has since deleted my comment so i guess there will be little if any follow-up.
I did ask if he knew the VIN or current owner. NO answer.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,698 Posts
He called the 03 and 04 as having a 350 motor when actually the 5.3 is more closer to a 327 motor. BUT, overall I thought it was a nice video. Better then most as they just trash the SSR usually.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,018 Posts
In the end he said it has 377 gears??? I have never heard of a 377 gear maybe he meant 373s.
You are right.

All SSR came with 3:73 gears including Manual 6 speed. Manual 6 speed have steel rear axle, Trailblazer with 3:73 gears.

All automatic have aluminum rear axle with 3:73 gears.

I have changed mine (yrs ago) to 4:10

Dicktator

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,696 Posts
An interesting story about how he got to where he ended up, but...... there are a lot of inaccuracies in the video that cause me to wonder where he got some of his information. He was way off on the history of the SSR, but I won’t waste time trying to argue his points now that the truck is no longer his.

My 2 cents,

Mike

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,473 Posts
An interesting story about how he got to where he ended up, but...... there are a lot of inaccuracies in the video that cause me to wonder where he got some of his information. He was way off on the history of the SSR, but I won’t waste time trying to argue his points now that the truck is no longer his.

My 2 cents,

Mike
Never heard you called "Arizona Mike" before!

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,243 Posts
I call him “Mikey” and he ”Likes it".... And now with the new Life cereal advertising campaign on TV, he gets to hear that from everyone for decades again....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts