Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a couple of the Lansing flicks it appeared all of the brushed aluminum had been replaced with chrome trim.... Looking in the search mode I see mention that there is a package for chrome trim for the 06 models. Couple of questions Fanatics, First, is there indeed a package to replace the brushed aluminum with chrome and I presume it is chromed plastic, are there part numbers available and finally will those part numbers pertain to the 04 model as well as the 06?

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Sounds like you're thinking what I'm thinking..

Keep an eye on gmpartsdirect.com. They have the package for the exterior so I expect it's just a matter of time before they have the interior as well.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I have seen those kits on Ebay! in brushed alum, woodgrain and I think red! Is that the same as what you are talking about?

·
Premium Member
31,670 Posts
Yes, the 06's do have a chrome option. I looked at the blue SSR at homecoming a little closer, but it appeared that the fog light bezels were still the satin style. I didn't look at all of the '06's with the chrome package to validate if that was the case.

I was really hoping to see some part numbers on the bins during the factory tour, but alas, that was not to be. As any of the trim parts are the same throughout the 4 years (with the exception of the actual door panels and shifter surround - auto vs. 6 spd), you won't have to worry about the fit, assuming we can get the part numbers (any Lansing folks reading this - please please please!:) ) . I'm sure if I'm mistaken about this, someone will make mention of it.

Personally, I can do without the shiny chrome on the inside. Bright reflections are bad enough from stuff on the outside, I don't need them inside as well. However, I do want the front grille bar and name plate and the door handles. I also want to do what Rick did with his awesome custom (http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5302) and "chrome" the remaining grille bars too.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hdflstf said:
Sounds like you're thinking what I'm thinking..

Keep an eye on gmpartsdirect.com. They have the package for the exterior so I expect it's just a matter of time before they have the interior as well.
Yeah I already checked em out and can't find any indication that they have a Chrome Interior Package.. Somebody must have it!!!! Wonder who.....

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Interior Chrome Package for MY '07

Rainwater said:
Yeah I already checked em out and can't find any indication that they have a Chrome Interior Package.. Somebody must have it!!!! Wonder who.....
The Interior Chrome Package is scheduled for '07 MY production while the Exterior Chrome Package (15214401) is available now. The Lansing staff that we talked to mentioned that most accessories introduced for current models would also be available for previous model years.

ASC is building a lot of these components for the SSR and I wouldn't be surprised if they were the source vendor. I didn't realize how much of the SSR that they contribute to until speaking with the ASC rep about the integrated side exhaust.

The Exterior Chrome Package consists of:
Front Chevron Bar
Chevrolet Hood Emblem
License Plate Surround
Door Handles
Fog Lamp Rings
Valve Stem Covers

MSRP $1,035

No, I didn't ask if any of the package could be purchased separately.....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
parothed97 said:
The Interior Chrome Package is scheduled for '07 MY production while the Exterior Chrome Package (15214401) is available now. The Lansing staff that we talked to mentioned that most accessories introduced for current models would also be available for previous model years.

ASC is building a lot of these components for the SSR and I wouldn't be surprised if they were the source vendor. I didn't realize how much of the SSR that they contribute to until speaking with the ASC rep about the integrated side exhaust.

The Exterior Chrome Package consists of:
Front Chevron Bar
Chevrolet Hood Emblem
License Plate Surround
Door Handles
Fog Lamp Rings
Valve Stem Covers

MSRP $1,035

No, I didn't ask if any of the package could be purchased separately.....

So, that being the case. Where did those come from in the photo's I saw from Lansing? 06's? Sure looks cool and I wannit!

·
Registered
416 Posts
"The Interior Chrome Package is scheduled for '07 MY production ..."

According to the Chevy website:

http://www.chevrolet.com/ssr/photogallery/

... the interior chrome package is available for the '06 model year. Check out the interior photos in the SSR photo gallery, and click on the image of the climate controls.

Click on the (i) about this photo link in the lower right corner of the image, and the following text pops up: "SSR shines with the bright chrome package including these climate controls ..."

It looks like the horizontal trim bar behind the climate controls is bright chrome as well, suggesting that the bright chrome theme is carried throughout the interior.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JAustin said:
"The Interior Chrome Package is scheduled for '07 MY production ..."

According to the Chevy website:

http://www.chevrolet.com/ssr/photogallery/

... the interior chrome package is available for the '06 model year. Check out the interior photos in the SSR photo gallery, and click on the image of the climate controls.

Click on the (i) about this photo link in the lower right corner of the image, and the following text pops up: "SSR shines with the bright chrome package including these climate controls ..."

It looks like the horizontal trim bar behind the climate controls is bright chrome as well, suggesting that the bright chrome theme is carried throughout the interior.

By Golly I've Got It!!!!! Sure looks cool to me, now I just have to figure out how to get some part numbers. In the Lansing photo it appeared to me that even the steering wheel, bright portion, is chrome! Ya gotta luv that!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rainwater said:
By Golly I've Got It!!!!! Sure looks cool to me, now I just have to figure out how to get some part numbers. In the Lansing photo it appeared to me that even the steering wheel, bright portion, is chrome! Ya gotta luv that!
Just found the flick that Rebel took at Woodward... Even the headrest trim is chrome!!!!

So check out the flick @
www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5141

B

·
0 Posts
Did anyone notice the blue 06 had door panels of the 03-04 model years. I noticed that friday when I was looking at it. If you see that chrome in person You would want it. It looked awesome. Like it should. :thumbs :ssr :flag :seeya

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BobA said:
Did anyone notice the blue 06 had door panels of the 03-04 model years. I noticed that friday when I was looking at it. If you see that chrome in person You would want it. It looked awesome. Like it should. :thumbs :ssr :flag :seeya
I know, I am drooling just looking at the flicks!!! We just have to get to the bottom of where we can get some danged part numbers! GMPARTSDIRECT don't have them yet.. Someone said they won't be available until 2007.. Crap I could be pushin daisy's by 07... I want the parts now! Seems to me that if they are an option on the 06, then there should be part numbers.... Isn't that logical?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
New cars gotta be built!

Rainwater said:
I know, I am drooling just looking at the flicks!!! We just have to get to the bottom of where we can get some danged part numbers! GMPARTSDIRECT don't have them yet.. Someone said they won't be available until 2007.. Crap I could be pushin daisy's by 07... I want the parts now! Seems to me that if they are an option on the 06, then there should be part numbers.... Isn't that logical?
It would seem to be. I'd bet that all current production is going to the assembly line. When part production exceeds that needed to build new cars...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts