Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know, If you like to ride with the seat up high,and window is rolled up Your elbow is right where the grab bar is.
Has anyone redesigned the door panel to either get rid of the grab bar or find something more roomy and comfortable on the elbow while driving?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
As we all know, If you like to ride with the seat up high,and window is rolled up Your elbow is right where the grab bar is.
Has anyone redesigned the door panel to either get rid of the grab bar or find something more roomy and comfortable on the elbow while driving?
Check out this thread:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
One other thing that I find is that on long trips my left arm and wrist gets fatigue and what I do now is I wear a wrist brace with out the metal support in it on my left hand. I had to go down to Texas a while back and it made a big difference.

·
Proud Original Owner
17,795 Posts
These are made of aluminum with rubber pads. They were made by a Fanatic member in CA, I think it was Lloyd.
Don't remember the cost but they do work well. They just slip in and can be removed by just lifting out.
ArmRest1.jpg
Arm Rest2.jpg
ArmRest1.jpg
Arm Rest2.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Th
These are made of aluminum with rubber pads. They were made by a Fanatic member in CA, I think it was Lloyd.
Don't remember the cost but they do work well. They just slip in and can be removed by just lifting out.
View attachment 574161 View attachment 574162 View attachment 574161 View attachment 574162
Thanks for the info folks I'll give the Pads a try. (But, I'd still like to get rid of the grab bar, I'll check with a couple Upholstery Guys to see If they can come up with something).

·
Registered
953 Posts
Be careful getting rid of the grab bar because someone will pull on the door handle breaking it causing more problems it's hard enough to make sure people don't push on the handle to open the door, just my thought's on this

·
Daily Driver
8,883 Posts
Be careful getting rid of the grab bar because someone will pull on the door handle breaking it causing more problems it's hard enough to make sure people don't push on the handle to open the door, just my thought's on this
That's a real good point!
I use the pad with a folded washcloth wrapped around the grab bar first and the pad over it. Makes it very comfortable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts