Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DFW TX Crew
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to replace the interior lights with some whiter, brighter LED's and did a search but came up short.

So does anyone know the bulb numbers for the 3 lights in the main mirror and the bulb numbers for the 4 in the vanity mirrors?

Also will changing these effect the night time dim amber light at all?

TIA

Josh :yellow:

·
SoCal Nut/ SuperModerator
26,546 Posts
I'm wanting to replace the interior lights with some whiter, brighter LED's and did a search but came up short.

So does anyone know the bulb numbers for the 3 lights in the main mirror and the bulb numbers for the 4 in the vanity mirrors?

Also will changing these effect the night time dim amber light at all?

TIA

Josh :yellow:
My understanding is the lights in the main mirror are LEDs and that they are used for the yellow as well by using reduced voltage. I have not looked into the vanity mirror lights at all.

·
DFW TX Crew
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My understanding is the lights in the main mirror are LEDs and that they are used for the yellow as well by using reduced voltage. I have not looked into the vanity mirror lights at all.
Ok, after searching and reading about this, what you just said makes sense. I wonder if the lower voltage thing can be deleted somehow and just have the normal lights on when the doors open or at the switch? I don't need the dim night light at all.

Do our SSR's share sun visors with the TBSS or another chevy vehicle?

·
DFW TX Crew
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember Dicktator telling me the sun visors were out of a Caddy but not sure what model. I am guessing the final Eldorado run since those were also made at the Lansing Craft Centre.
Thanks, you'd think something as simple as interior lights would be easier to figure out. haha

:yellow:

·
DFW TX Crew
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to replace that amber with blue LED lighting but I want to redo my dash lights and the console switch lights to blue LEDs.
yes, I agree, I'd love to see some colored guage cluster lights either red or blue for sure.

My Stepper motors are going out on the oil pressure guage and speedo so I need to replace them all soon anyways, I will also light to redo the lights while I'm in there so that info is also good to have.

Well Amazon has some lights that say they fit the SSR for the main mirror and vanity mirrors so I'll give it a try in a day or two if I don't get bulb spec and numbers....

....anyone?:lurk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Joshvette
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing