Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am a new '04 SSR owner with a question about the lights on the mirror. Last night was my first drive and there were some amber lights shining down from the mirror onto the shifter. Is this normal, and is there any way to turn them off as they are distracting while driving at night.

·
Administrator
8,225 Posts
Mood Lighting

HI Living2be,

1.) Yes it is normal, there are three amber lights under your rear view mirror.
2.) There is a way to turn them off or disconnect them but don't ask me how to.

Now, I have to laugh hahaha to myself here... so I will tell you a story about my first nights drive too:

I did a similar thing on my first nights drive where I had my daughter with me. I started my SSR and bingo this amber light comes on in the interior. At first I thought it was a bad/weak map light bulb and I said to myself "Da*&^% it I have to change the map light bulb already!" So then I pressed the map light button to turn it off and bingo it came on! Hmmmm then I said out loud.. "what the heck is this amber light... and where is it coming from??? My daughter began to laugh at me out loud. "Dad, don't you know what that is?" I said heck NO! She continued to say... "it is a mood or accent/ theater lighting!.... a lot of the guys I know have those in their cars or vans." I laughed again and then said to myself "its pretty bad when my own teenage daughter knows more about auto lighting trends than I do. Especially for someone who works in the auto industry, I should know more... ugh!!! Worse yet, then I was going to ask sarcasticly how did she know about van lighting... (then I decided not to look even more stupid) :banghead

Now which brings me to my final thought here: I LOVE the mood amber lights. It glows softly at night and to me it doesn't interfere at all. It looks KOOL just like an airplane cockpit to me. I think it is neat to see it reflecting off of the brushed aluminum trim. Then all of a sudden it struck me... HEY... GM designers came up with some hip/cool night theatre lighting! :cool

Another thumbs up to the SSR designers!
:thumbs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts