Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen some pictures with Red trim around door panels. How close Is the color to Redline Red?

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,060 Posts
Didn't mean to steal your thread but had a question. A day or so ago "REDHOT SSR" posted his SSR with the red piping on the doors on the site "what did you do with your SSR today". Sent him a PM and tried to get a hold of him maybe this will help both of us if he answers. Thanks. His red looks very close to the exterior color.

Interior looks great. How did you get the red piping to go in the door circle and stay there. Mine has yellow but they just pushed it into the crack so every time I close the door some of it pops out and you have to readjust it? It is a pain. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't mean to steal your thread but had a question. A day or so ago "REDHOT SSR" posted his SSR with the red piping on the doors on the site "what did you do with your SSR today". Sent him a PM and tried to get a hold of him maybe this will help both of us if he answers. Thanks. His red looks very close to the exterior color.

Interior looks great. How did you get the red piping to go in the door circle and stay there. Mine has yellow but they just pushed it into the crack so every time I close the door some of it pops out and you have to readjust it? It is a pain. Thanks.
His thread is were I got the idea, just want to know If color comes close to the Reline Red. I found them on Ebay. How are yours fastened behind door panel? Does it have tape to hold in place?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I think it would look great with your redline red. My SSR is silver but I put the red piping in mine and I love it. As far as it staying in the crack on the door circle. I finally had to clue mine in to get it to stay with the door slamming etc.
I bought mine on eBay. I would post some pictures if I could figure out how.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,060 Posts
His thread is were I got the idea, just want to know If color comes close to the Reline Red. I found them on Ebay. How are yours fastened behind door panel? Does it have tape to hold in place?
No the door is a two piece thing and it is very complicated to get the two pieces apart as they are held together with plastic type rivets soldered over on the end on the backside. I went to the repair library we have and it shows after removing the door panel and you get the pieces apart and then when you are done you have to drill and use screws to put it back together. So on my SSR the previous owner wanted the yellow piping and didn't want to do all that so they just wedged the piping between the two pieces of door and over time it loosened up so now when you close the door some of it comes out and you have to constantly stuff it back in. I want to redo it but need the answer of how they did it.

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it would look great with your redline red. My SSR is silver but I put the red piping in mine and I love it. As far as it staying in the crack on the door circle. I finally had to clue mine in to get it to stay with the door slamming etc.
I bought mine on eBay. I would post some pictures if I could figure out how.
Silver Bullett, What system do you have on your PC. I have Windows 10. I will tell you what I do to get Photos to SSR website if you are running same system and by no means am I computer smart.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Door trim

I used the same trim I purchased and used on my rims several years ago. This material had a single outer edge that fit perfectly in the seam of the door panel. It is a very close match to the red line red color.
Unfortunately I purchased the material more than a few years ago and am not sure where I purchased it from. There are many selling a similar trim BUT it is NOT the same. What they are sell is U shaped with the 3m tape attached. I have tried to use it but it doesn't mold to the contour of the door panes as well as the other trim.

I will take time tomorrow and search amazon and ebay to see if I can find a similar trim. I will report back.

Note: I also used it to trim out my dash. Fit right into the seam perfectly.

"Long may you all run"

Attachments

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,368 Posts
Do not confuse "5m" with "3M" brand. The 5m mentioned in these Ebay ads is obviosly an import entity. >:)

Now that doesn't mean it won't work..........

============
David :black:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,060 Posts
I used the same trim I purchased and used on my rims several years ago. This material had a single outer edge that fit perfectly in the seam of the door panel. It is a very close match to the red line red color.
Unfortunately I purchased the material more than a few years ago and am not sure where I purchased it from. There are many selling a similar trim BUT it is NOT the same. What they are sell is U shaped with the 3m tape attached. I have tried to use it but it doesn't mold to the contour of the door panes as well as the other trim.

I will take time tomorrow and search amazon and ebay to see if I can find a similar trim. I will report back.

Note: I also used it to trim out my dash. Fit right into the seam perfectly.

"Long may you all run"

If You find it I am interested in Yellow. Thanks.

·
Spirited driver!
1,543 Posts
Do not confuse "5m" with "3M" brand. The 5m mentioned in these Ebay ads is obviosly an import entity. >:)

Now that doesn't mean it won't work..........

============

The 5M indicates 5 meters (16.4 ft.). There are different widths as well. I saw 7mm and 3mm available depending on your application.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,368 Posts
Thanks PokerGuy....I totally boffed that one! :frown2:

I thought they were trying to cash in on 3M's reputation!

■□■ Oh well, I've never been good with metrics anyway!! :wink2:

=============

·
Spirited driver!
1,543 Posts
Well you weren't wrong David. They are all shipped from China and they do work. Can't beat the prices but you will have to wait a couple of weeks for delivery.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,060 Posts
Just got off the internet and found a product called Cowles Custom GAP TRIM in all colors and sold at O'Reily's Auto. Look it up and check it out. I am going to get some to replace what I have.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Just got off the internet and found a product called Cowles Custom GAP TRIM in all colors and sold at O'Reily's Auto. Look it up and check it out. I am going to get some to replace what I have.
Is this what you are getting. I'd like to know how it fits. It appears to have a tab that will hold it in place, not sure how long it is or if it can be trimmed.

Please post your results, Thanks for finding it. I like the pop it adds, and seems to be a simple task.

I saw they had it in red, blue yellow and chrome.
Cowles Custom? Gap Trim | Cowles Products

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Auggie, go to website "Brandsport" search interior trim. they have yellow, red, blue and chrome. Why don't you buy some and let me know if it works. LOL

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,060 Posts
Auggie, go to website "Brandsport" search interior trim. they have yellow, red, blue and chrome. Why don't you buy some and let me know if it works. LOL
Just got off the web site for Brandsport interior trim and it is made by COWLES. 1/8 gap trim same company as O'Reillys auto sells. Will go there and check it out today.

Click here:
https://www.brandsport.com/interior-trim-molding.html

1 - 20 of 70 Posts