Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,363 Posts
Donna, Someone will come along with suggestions shortly but--Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you have found the BEST FORUM ever!-----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
"Oh Donna, Oh Donna, Oh Donna, Oh Donna" (Richie Valens) :00000732: to the SSRfanatic Family. I'm sorry you're havin' trouble with your SSR so soon.

Have faith, somebody on the web site will come to your rescue soon !!!

Let us know where you are located and what year and color you're are drivin' !!! Again :00000732: to the Family !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Intermittent wipers do not work nor the cruise control. Wipers work only at full speed.
Hi Donna,

I would PM Mike in Arizona, Dicktator, and Ed in Florida with the details of your issue. One of them will be able to walk you through the troubleshooting to identify the cause.

David :blur:

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Central Ohio

IS there anything else that does not work? ----- Brake lights, windshield washer etc???

You did not state the year of your SSR I assumed 03-04 -- If o5 -06 some of this might be different
I looked though the wring diagrams for both of these circuits
I could not find anything one thing electrical that could cause both of these issues, - Sorry no silver bullets

The cruise control switch send signals to the throttle control actuator module -- which in turn shares information with the PCM with the use of UART serial data (NOT the class 2 data Bus)
and the grounds for both are G101
The circuit diagnostics is performed best/easiest with the use of a scanner (NOT a code reader)

I have included the wiper motor diagnostic charts and wiring diagram - could be switch or wiper module which receives a varying voltage to determine delay and low speed operation, high speed is a separate input. The module also transmits a signal to the BCM to turn on low beam headlights if wipers are on.
You will note on the wiring diagram that the wiper circuits utilize ground G103.
This test chart does require the ability to use an ohm meter -- There are some procedure that could be used to "trick" the wiper module but if done wrong can create more bad (let the smoke out of something) than GOOD. I would not want to share that unless I knew the ability of the person using the information.

While it might be possible to plug in a "known good" multi function switch - many stores will not return an electrical part after its been opened. If you find one that will, please respond and you will receive assistance on how to replace it to "test" the circuit. Not real easy as book time is over an hour.

I hope this helps although you were probably hoping for something like "check for a broken wire at ........ or replace the .... "

Let me know if you need info for 05-06 or how to plug in a know good switch

Attachments

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,060 Posts
Although I don't see a direct link between the cruise control and the wipers, it looks like Autoprof has this one pretty well covered.

I have a couple multi-function switches in my "stash" of parts that came from Floyd Bailey's GM/ASC parts. Let me know if you need one....

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
When?

Did the wipers and the cruise control failure happen at the same time? If not you might have 2 separate issues.

Jack

Reactions: Autoprof

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,648 Posts
Intermittent wipers do not work nor the cruise control. Wipers work only at full speed.
My bet is Wiper Motor Module, look up WIPER MOTOR on How to.

When PC Module is bad, wipers will run only on High Speed.

Remember Cruise Control does not work below 35 mph. (I think that is right speed)

Dicktator

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts