Chevy SSR Forum banner

international auto show

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  doogie48084 
#1 ·
I here that the Diamondback Chevy SSR will be at the Auto Show in the next few weeks.
Can anybody confirm?

#5 ·
Diamondback at NAIAS

I read an article in the paper friday and it mentioned ASC would have the Diamondback SSR there.I see on Cobo Halls floor plan for the show ASC has space in the Michigan Hall.I thought the paper said it was in the basement.Not sure if it's 1st floor or basement but layout shows them in the Michigan Hall south west corner.

#8 ·
Hey, Rebel - you're one of the few Canadians who can actually drive north to the US. :thumbs

If the SSR gurus are in the building, see what tidbits of information they have about where the SSR is headed - I want to get another one, but I'd like to wait for the last run - hopefully with monstrous horsepower.

Ray

#10 · (Edited)
ASC SSR Diamondback at the Auto Show

Here it is fanatics! My wife and I battled the bitter cold weather to the Internation Auto Show at Cobo Hall. (10degrees) with negative wind chills. It was really a good show this year. We almost missed the Diamondback because it was in the basement in the corner. It was a good thing I had to use the john because they where right next to it. We were about ready to give up looking.
Diamondback features.
525hp supercharged with carbon top, hood and trunk. Hood scoop was cool looking. The enterior was very cool and redone in two tone leather Red on Black. The pipes came out the side in the running boards. I like that! They would not let you get close to it, about 30 feet away. I talked one guy in the booth next door to sneak me in the back way and I got to stand right next to it to get some better pictures.

I did not like the fact that the top was fixed. No convertable option.

I really liked the new stangs even though I am not a ford guy. The Sallen Mustang pushes 700 ponies and they where quite roomy. Nice move to go back to the old seventies look on the front.

My wife liked the new Bentley two door. Of course --- it costs $170,000. It had 560hp and would cruz at a cool 193 top end.

One thing we said on the way back to our Redline 05 after the show. Sometimes it is a good thing it is cold because the muggers are to lazy to go out in this stuff. The area around Cobo is not a good place to hang out.

Mike

Sorry the HHR did not show up. They said maybe Wensday. I guess it is still in CA.

Attachments

#11 ·
Bronco!!! Great Hunting!! They always seem to hide the ASC SSR somewhere where you find it accidentally!! Very cool indeed - do love the sidepipe set up, and the carbon option - just a joy to stare at!!!

As for COBO??? Ah........true observation!!! Did anyone try to sell ya a "rollex" on the way in?? :lol Happened to me almost every year!! And how about that freezin walk to the hall?? I will stick with the LA Int'l shows from now on :lol
Did you make a Greektown stop? I do miss my stompin grounds, but not the good ole weather.............

#12 ·
Thanks for the info on the HHR. Seems like another high profile vehicle a couple car shows back was late for the big dance. I was there at the Detroit show when the PT Cruiser was shown for the first time in public. Chrysler must have had close to a dozen of them at the show. They really stoled the show back then!

Scott 0168 :(

#13 ·
Cobo Hall

Axiom said:
As for COBO??? Ah........true observation!!! Did anyone try to sell ya a "rollex" on the way in?? :lol Happened to me almost every year!! And how about that freezin walk to the hall?? I will stick with the LA Int'l shows from now on :lol
Did you make a Greektown stop? I do miss my stompin grounds, but not the good ole weather.............

No one tried to sell me anything. There were street preachers over by Cobo Joe's but that was it. Colder than a witches nippy out there. We did not have time to go to Greektown, but we normally do. I took the Redline so I was not really motivated to stay around after dark to long.

#14 ·
sorry, but "what's the redline?"

Thanks for the great pics. if I don't have a meeeeting at M tomorrow, I will go there and see if I can get some pictures also. I caught a glimpse of the GTO next to it. It looks awesome with the yellow candy paintjob and the carbon fiber.

#16 ·
Bronco -

LOL!!! :lol I never really spent much time after dark myself - when I did - it was usually in a jolopy!! :lol

I do miss Greektown very much. BUT not the CHILL!!
The Detroit Show is definately worth it though!! One of the best around. Thanks for the show review :)

Keep warm!!

#17 · (Edited)
BroncoSSR said:
Here it is fanatics! My wife and I battled the bitter cold weather to the Internation Auto Show at Cobo Hall. (10degrees) with negative wind chills. It was really a good show this year. We almost missed the Diamondback because it was in the basement in the corner. It was a good thing I had to use the john because they where right next to it. We were about ready to give up looking.
Diamondback features.
525hp supercharged with carbon top, hood and trunk. Hood scoop was cool looking. The enterior was very cool and redone in two tone leather Red on Black. The pipes came out the side in the running boards. I like that! They would not let you get close to it, about 30 feet away. I talked one guy in the booth next door to sneak me in the back way and I got to stand right next to it to get some better pictures.

I did not like the fact that the top was fixed. No convertable option.

I really liked the new stangs even though I am not a ford guy. The Sallen Mustang pushes 700 ponies and they where quite roomy. Nice move to go back to the old seventies look on the front.

My wife liked the new Bentley two door. Of course --- it costs $170,000. It had 560hp and would cruz at a cool 193 top end.

One thing we said on the way back to our Redline 05 after the show. Sometimes it is a good thing it is cold because the muggers are to lazy to go out in this stuff. The area around Cobo is not a good place to hang out.

Mike

Sorry the HHR did not show up. They said maybe Wensday. I guess it is still in CA.

The HHR got to the show about a day or two late.
I got a few photos f the diamond back, but can't load them here. I only have 2 of them in the members gallery.
If anyone can suggest a better way to upload them, I can possibly do that, or else I will make them much smaller. I have some real close close-ups. I got right up on the turntable..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.