Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Clivey. I own a 2006 SSR, 6 speed, silver over smokin asphalt. I've owned the truck for 3 years and it currently has 27,578 miles. I live on Vancouver Island, Canada. The truck is US model, final production run, and with the exception of the rubber is bone stock. I've changed all the drive train fluids to synthetic. I am aware of 6 other SSR's on the island but don't know what years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Welcome Clivey. Great group of folks in our unique online SSR family.

I am also located on Vancouver Island, in Comox. Ours is a 2004 Canadian optioned , Smokin' Asphalt SSR with 27,000 kms. Take a look at my garage for details.

Not sure if we were one of the 6 you thought were on the Island, but if not, you've got another one to add to your list.

Enjoy our great, but Smokey, top down weather !!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ken, looks and sounds like you've done a lot of upgrades. I thought it unusual that we both have 27,000, but mine is miles. I call the SSR my El Camino, Entered it in the show and shine on the key in Port Alberni and got the usual " What is it and what does SSR mean." I know of one in Parksville, Campbell River, Two in Victoria, and an orange one that got wrecked in Victoria two years ago. Of course now yours in Courtney. There was a silver one seen by my good friend in Nanaimo, but not sure, maybe just on a holiday. There's another show and shine in Port on the 19th of this month, on beavercreek road at the community hall 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,191 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

Reactions: Gr8XLr8r

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,714 Posts
WELCOME, Clivey . . . from Southern Arizona.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,589 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!! :00000732:

Reactions: Gr8XLr8r

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,497 Posts
Clivey, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanx Auggie Doggie, everyone sooooo friendly, hoping to expand my knowledge and love for my (Light Bender).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx Ron & Freida, I can see i'm going to be busy on this forum today, just thanking everyone. I really wasn't aware that so much would come with the purchase of my SSR. Lovin it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanx MTR317, everyones so friendly, and so far away, From the response, I think I'm going to enjoy owning this truck even more than I already do. I'm sure from time to time all the good folks stateside are going to notice my Canadian lingo, we talk a little different up here, AHHH!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi tennesseecozydog, pleased to make your acquaintance. By your post I gather your one of the fire crackers of the SSRFanatics, love it. These SSR's are worth a lot of coin up here in Canada, I think I'll be leaving my factory hotrod stock for the time being. It's got all the power and bling I want.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Bill, thanx for the welcome. So many stateside greeters, love it. Please inform me, I'm fairly new at some of the terminology, what's 3SS?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@ Redlinerider, Hi Brian, thanx for the welcome, I can see already, it's going to be a kick in the shorts with SSRFanatics. I'm glad everyones so into their SSR's, makes me feel more normal to know I'm not too enthusiastic. Maybe someday I'll see southern Texas.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@ Southern Arizona, Hi Doofus? Thanx much for the welcome. I'm going to have to get used to some of the handles, are you referring to your SSR? Or Youfus. I do love a great sense of humor. Here on Vancouver Island we get a ton of rain, so I only insure ( Light Bender ) for 3 months of the year, July4 to Oct.4 never driven in the rain. My grocery getter, explorer vehicle is a Toyota FJ Cruiser so the SSR gets the royal treatment. SSR's like mine are not only hard to find here in Canada, but rather pricey. Keep the rubber side down...Clivey

1 - 20 of 36 Posts